Mapcore's CS:GO Mapping Contest 2017

9 hours ago, Mitch Mitchell said:

Sorry, I should have said "...other than the SDK from Valve". I'm always on the look out for any new tools, or interesting updates to existing tools.

I guess that for editing and doing the brushwork, the only convenient alternative is Wall Worm, the developer of the 3DS plugin posts on here and has done contests as well.

I think to understand you can even use Source 2, at least to create props. There was a couple posts about it… I can’t remember the user but someone around here created models for TF2 with Source 2, if I remember correctly.

15 hours ago, blackdog said:

I think to understand you can even use Source 2, at least to create props. There was a couple posts about it… I can’t remember the user but someone around here created models for TF2 with Source 2, if I remember correctly.

That'd be @mr.P and here's the thread with more info: 

Edited by Squad

1 hour ago, hamilton5 said:

so... Jan 11 midnight *facepalm*

how can you say a date AND midnight!?

All of the entrants were contacted privately and publicly to ensure that the rules were 100% clear. No one was confused about the timing of this, because we made it clear.

Entrants were not to update their map starting on January 11th. The rules were clear, and they're going to be enforced.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

• Mapcore Supporters

Funds go towards hosting and license costs, Discord server boosts, and more. If you'd like to donate, check out our Patreon announcement.