MapCore

Mapcore's CS:GO Mapping Contest 2017

I have a question about using models and textures from other maps, is it okay if some textures are used from a map included with CSGO? For example I'm using some textures and models from cs_agency on my map since they fit in really well and I don't have any modelling skills right now to be making my own models.

Rule 13: Judges, Experts, and individuals associated with organizing this contest CANNOT enter nor provide material assistance to map entrants.

Is making me think I can't use them due to one of the judges being Puddy, the guy who made cs_agency or does that rule just mean they can't help you make the map?

29 minutes ago, Tokit said:

It has been 11 days now, c'mon I know at least one of the judges has probably read my post by now. Can I get an answer?

Those assets were (very generously!) released publicly. As such, anyone including yourself is free to use them in our contest!

On 8/18/2017 at 8:54 AM, blackdog said:

Weren't the mappers supposed to demonstrate the map was started from scratch and not art passed months ago?

The relevant standard is that the map wasn't released in a state beyond Greybox.

I am retiring from the contest, because I haven't had the time to start anything. Being at the point of having finished my master's degree, too many changes required all my time that I had rather spent into mapping. I haven't opened Hammer/3DS Max for a month now.

I wish all the contestants a lot of strength and hope they are able to realise their dreams in level design :)

1 minute ago, FMPONE said:

EXTENDED!

deadlinenew.jpg.626d60c7a5113b230f1bcd1e8a907c0f.jpg

One additional month added to create something you're proud of!

Do you mean 10th January 2018, by the way, it was a good decision and now I may have time to enter.

On 9/27/2017 at 2:07 PM, FMPONE said:

EXTENDED!

2018.jpg.79c6b5b5f86ef7b1d6eb05b4f736a92e.jpg

One additional month added to create something you're proud of!

Why not November 31st?