[CS:GO] de_glace (WIP)

De_glace is set on the north pole, where one of the bombsites is in the center of a research base settlement and the other one is on a cargo ship, or a crab fishing ship. The terrorist have arrived with their plane to destroy the scientist's home and blow up their ship (the scientists like to go fish some crab in their free time to make up for the low salary).

The idea behind bombsite A is that one CT is going to be playing outside the ship, probably sniping the bridge, while the other one is going to be inside the ship itself.

The way bombsite B is supposed to work is: one CT will play behind the site from the overwatch position and spot for information, while the other CT will be playing Inside the bombsite. Middle can be watched by one CT.

Middle gives access to the B squeaky as well as A short.

Workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=919675967

Overview: 

Screenshots: 

This is my 5th map and I want to finish it and make it look awesome.

Known issues:

- Seems a little too T-sided after testing with bots.

- There is very little clipping done in this early stage of development.

Edited by NikiOo
Add info about known issues with tha map

De_Glace V2 Update:

Here is the new overlay:

I made some changes to T spawn in order to make it more spacious and to adjust timings:

CTs now have more time to take positions on the bombsites and 2-3 extra seconds on middle. Also the sight line from Outside B and the entrance to the ship on T spawn is broken. This way if the CTs make an early aggressive push on B, they won't know if there are any Ts outside A. I think this is a good addition.

I also changed the water to this one:

It fits the theme a lot more and adds a nice arctic vibe to it.

I also experimented with some detailing on this building,

inspired by this:

I like to have something pretty to look at when I am testing my map so there you go :D

Won't do any further detailing until I am done with the layout.

How do you like those snowy shades on the building by the way? 

And that custom crate I made with brushes, I won't use it in the map. I was just trying out some stuff. I will make my own props.

So that's it for now. Slowly making progress. Here is the whole gallery:

It's been updated on the workshop as well so you can check it out.

Edited by NikiOo
Forgot a link :d

I would recommend you not to go with Arctic theme beacause there are too many popular maps with same theme in works right now (Outpost,Subzero and one more that i dont rember name of).

I havent tested layout so i cannot judge but i like that ship bombsite idea,lets see how it turns out.

13 hours ago, RAD said:

I would recommend you not to go with Arctic theme beacause there are too many popular maps with same theme in works right now (Outpost,Subzero and one more that i dont rember name of).

I havent tested layout so i cannot judge but i like that ship bombsite idea,lets see how it turns out.

Didn't know about that. I've only heard of Subzero. I'll see what other arctic maps are in the works as you are saying and maybe I'll reconsider if mine has nothing to stand out from the rest.

About the ship bombsite, I saw an image of a crab fishing ship, I thought that would make an interesting bombsite.

Edited by NikiOo
  • 2 weeks later...

I really want to take part in the MapCore 2017 mapping contest but I don't think this map fits the criteria since it's already been released on the workshop and has a complete layout and a set theme. If it does not, then I will have to put it on hold for some time.

20 minutes ago, NikiOo said:

I really want to take part in the MapCore 2017 mapping contest but I don't think this map fits the criteria since it's already been released on the workshop and has a complete layout and a set theme. If it does not, then I will have to put it on hold for some time.

You're not very far along. You can participate if you want.