tchick

[CS:GO][WIP] de_yacht (demolition mode)

It looks almost the same comparing to that BO2 map,i would like to see it ingame so hard but i am mad beacause Valve doesnt add Arms race/Demolition maps to CS:GO.

You are taking it to the next level with custom props and animations this is going to improve your skill a lot.

Good job you should make more defuse maps that could get into game.

Little Update :  @Quotingmc suggested night time :
20170514194231_1.thumb.jpg.880c8c3fed243e8f2db0358b116c9e6e.jpg20170514194342_1.thumb.jpg.425b9b413f433e956da744c9e76b44a2.jpg

Also need some help/advice :
I tried to make models for the lights on the sides of the boat :
20170515183317_1.thumb.jpg.ef01abdefb57cbe060961f9bcf118d3a.jpg

With those parameters :

"UnlitGeneric"
{
    $basetexture "yacht/water_light"
    $surfaceprop glass
    $translucent 1
    $selfillum 1
    $nocull 1
    $selfillumtint "[174 58 224]"

}

"UnlitGeneric" to make it transparent AND selfillum because those doesn't work together with "VertexLitGeneric")

But it doesn't look like real light spots ... The idea here is to save some ressources so the poor Source engine doesn't have a heart attack. Any idea on how to make those models more "flashy" without real lights?
Thank you

Isnt unlit "selfillumed" by default? I mean, it isnt lit so... just asking here xD 

Map looks really cool. But I think day time or sunset would look even better. amazing job so far!

2 hours ago, tchick said:

Also need some help/advice :
I tried to make models for the lights on the sides of the boat :
20170515183317_1.thumb.jpg.ef01abdefb57cbe060961f9bcf118d3a.jpg

With those parameters :

"UnlitGeneric"
{
    $basetexture "yacht/water_light"
    $surfaceprop glass
    $translucent 1
    $selfillum 1
    $nocull 1
    $selfillumtint "[174 58 224]"

}

"UnlitGeneric" to make it transparent AND selfillum because those doesn't work together with "VertexLitGeneric")

But it doesn't look like real light spots ... The idea here is to save some ressources so the poor Source engine doesn't have a heart attack. Any idea on how to make those models more "flashy" without real lights?
Thank you

Try $additive 1 and a $selfillummask. The way your light looks like now suggest there's a lot of moisture in the air by the way. Might need some fog to go with that.

5 minutes ago, BlueoVerse said:

Wow, seems like a total rip-off. But, yacht is a yacht, right?

Considering our layout and custom content is entirely original (with the exception of some borrowed assets from resort) and that the three of us hadn't heard of the map before starting I'd say it's a bit silly to call our map a "total rip-off". Taking into account all the countless maps that have been made for Counter-Strike over the years I'd say it'd be a bit impossible to create something now that's 100% original and not similar to any other map created.  So yeah I'd say it's obvious there are similarities considering both are set in the same theme/setting, but calling our map a total rip-off would be the same as calling Cache a total rip of any other old Chernobyl-based map (ex: http://gamebanana.com/maps/79849)

GG to my team! The map still need some heavy optimisation, there are some huge fps drops (at T spawn the whole map is in line of sight and I didn't find a way to fix that for the moment) and some art pass, I'm still not happy with the overall color scheme, some textures lack detailing.
We will probably update it after the end of the contest... If I still have the energy to work on it, it was pretty time consuming!
Thank you all for the support !

44 minutes ago, blackdog said:

I was expecting a day setting, seems a bit too dark, doesn't make justice to the great art you have there.

Other than that grats for the release and good luck!

I voted for daytime at first, my team did prefere night, we were thinking of making 2 versions... maybe one day!

Love the look so far, personally preferred the day time version as there was more visibility on details etc. Some of the hulls textures on the ship would have a bit of gloss to them as well (i think).

Keep up the great work!