Mapcore Introductions Thread

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello folks! Thought I'd introduce myself as I've not been around for a while, I'm FRAG I'm a level designer for Operation Black Mesa & I'm also a Technical Demonstrator at Plymouth College o

Hey guys! My name is Tune and I'm from USA. I often went by a few online aliases like "Prototstar", "Naamtune", and most recently, "CannedTuna". I started my venture in to game modding and d

Hey, my name's ThunderKeil, or just thunder for short. That's keil as in Donnerkeil, the german for thunderbolt. If you're wondering, yes, a german friend has since told me that's not the commonly use

Posted Images

On 11-6-2016 at 6:13 AM, ChrisLC said:

Hi there, my name is Chris and I'm a freelance concept artist.

This may sound like an odd question, but how do I make a post here? I'm browsing in subforums like Services and 2D and I don't see any sort of button to start a new thread. Am I missing something here?

You need to make a post in an existing topic (which you now did) to be able to start your own topics :) It's an anti-bot measure.

Hello,

We are a development team in Munich, Germany that focuses on top down RPG and RTS games.
At the moment we are in full production of SpellForce 3 but we are still hiring people. Some of our level designers mention this forum as a good place to meet designers/level designers and we would love to post our openings here.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, GrimloreGames said:

Hello,

We are a development team in Munich, Germany that focuses on top down RPG and RTS games.
At the moment we are in full production of SpellForce 3 but we are still hiring people. Some of our level designers mention this forum as a good place to meet designers/level designers and we would love to post our openings here.

Thanks!

Welcome! Feel free to post a thread in this section for better exposure (one of our moderators will approve it shortly after).

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

My name is Moritz and i'm currently the lead designer at Mimimi Productions based in Munich Germany. We founed the company directly after our game design studios, so i really don't have any  working experience outside of the bubble that is our small group. That always makes it interessting to read and talk about the different approaches and look at other people's work!

The last game i worked on was "Shadow Tactics", which is a real time tactical stealth game (basically its Commandos with ninja ;D). There i've been working on the gamedesign but also many parts of leveldesign from planning levels, blocking them, putting in the art assets (no asset-creation though), enemy setup/puzzle design, scripting and final polish. (we are small studio so everybody does many things).

Before that we made a 3rd person action adventure called "The Last Tinker" where i basically did the same thing... The games are in a completely different genre, though, which was pretty interessting and lots of new stuff had to be learned from a GD/LD standpoint.

Thats all there is to say about me, i guess :)

I found this community via a link to an article on facebook, browsed through the forum and decided to sign up.

Looks like there's a whole bunch of cool and taleneted people here :) So i wanted to hang out, talk, learn things etc. etc.

38 minutes ago, corugnoll said:

Hi everyone!

My name is Moritz and i'm currently the lead designer at Mimimi Productions based in Munich Germany. We founed the company directly after our game design studios, so i really don't have any  working experience outside of the bubble that is our small group. That always makes it interessting to read and talk about the different approaches and look at other people's work!

The last game i worked on was "Shadow Tactics", which is a real time tactical stealth game (basically its Commandos with ninja ;D). There i've been working on the gamedesign but also many parts of leveldesign from planning levels, blocking them, putting in the art assets (no asset-creation though), enemy setup/puzzle design, scripting and final polish. (we are small studio so everybody does many things).

Before that we made a 3rd person action adventure called "The Last Tinker" where i basically did the same thing... The games are in a completely different genre, though, which was pretty interessting and lots of new stuff had to be learned from a GD/LD standpoint.

I found this community via a link to an article on facebook, browsed through the forum and decided to sign up.

Looks like there's a whole bunch of cool and taleneted people here :) So i wanted to hang out, talk, learn things etc. etc.

Heard many good things about Shadow Tactics. Welcome! :)

20 hours ago, corugnoll said:

Hi everyone!

Warcraft 3 player to rap monster to game-/level designer. What a story. Nice to have you here! Shadow Tactics is looking neat, gotta give it a try!

Edited by poLemin
  • 2 weeks later...
  • FMPONE pinned this topic