Sign in to follow this  
FrieChamp

Mapcore Introductions Thread

Hello, another lurker to Mapcore. My gamename is Lambda, and have been gaming for a long time. Very passionate about custom maps.

Favourite games are usually in series: Duke Nukem 3D, Doom, Deus Ex, Football Manager and STALKER.

Welcome news peeps!  Enjoy your stay! :)   I only found out about this wonderful place when the Unreal Tournament 4 Mapcore contest was posted on my Facebook feed by Flak from Epic Games.  Some VERY talented guys and girls on here!

Hi all! I was really surprised to found this community, it's full of industry professionals, resources... Looks awesome!

About myself, I'm 26, I have been working in games since 2011, mostly in flash games and mobile platforms. I've worked as game designer, level designer, and programmer. Currently I work in a mobile games company in Sevilla, Spain. I also love to participate in game jams, though mostly in GGJ or local ones if I have the time.

Right now I'm trying to reorient myself towards game and level design in bigger games, focus on that and leave programming behind. I have plenty of experience working with Unity3D, but I'm planning to start working with Unreal on personal projects. I hope that I'll be able to show something cool soon.

And a question for you veterans in this forum:
I have a few Portal 2 levels, and having feedback on them would be great, but I don't want to spam unrelated stuff, and I haven't seen Portal 2 levels around. These are made with the in-game Puzzle Creator, so I'm not sure they "qualify" as full creations. Would it be appropriate to post them around here?

Glad to meet you all!

Edited by MaikelOrtega

Hi, im new here, i make TF2 Maps and i hope you guys enjoy them and give me feedback to get better maps!

Im mapping since 1 year ago and i think how to mapping but i dont usually have good ideas :/

Hello everyone,

a friend suggested this community to me so i decided to sign up. I'm a 3d artist / Generalist / hobbyist from Germany and I'm hoping to get some feedback in here :)

Edited by Macolik

Hello world, i discover your website because i made a map on hammer for CSGO. I'm french and now I eat croissant(of course) made by my father.

i'm really enjoy to see a forum about hammer and CSGO(and 3D).I like to develop map, I made just one small map 1v1 and a other one for fun with friends.Since a few weeks, I works for a competitive map in CSGO with a Museum theme.Since 6 months I try blender and I use it for modeling custom props in the map.But my difficulty is to apply a good texture with great UV mapping.And I see all great stuffs we can find here.That's awesome.

tiger.png

Hello everyone!

We are new to the forum and would like to introduce ourselves :)

YAGER is an independent developer of computer and video games based in Berlin, Germany. We are an English-speaking studio that employs more than 100 people from 20 different countries. As passionate gamers ourselves, our focus is on the games we love to play: AAA, multi-platform experiences for a global audience.

One of our beloved Level Designers pointed us to this forum.

We are the developer of Dreadnought and are currently looking for a Level Designer, Game Designer, 3D Hard Surface Artist, AP and Tools Programmer.

1 hour ago, YAGER said:

Hello everyone!

We are new to the forum and would like to introduce ourselves :)

YAGER is an independent developer of computer and video games based in Berlin, Germany. We are an English-speaking studio that employs more than 100 people from 20 different countries. As passionate gamers ourselves, our focus is on the games we love to play: AAA, multi-platform experiences for a global audience.

One of our beloved Level Designers pointed us to this forum.

We are the developer of Dreadnought and are currently looking for a Level Designer, Game Designer, 3D Hard Surface Artist, AP and Tools Programmer.

Hi there & welcome! :) Feel free to post a dedicated thread in the jobs section and we'll approve it for more exposure.

Hi,

Long-time lurker here, also 2+ years and counting AAA experience as an Environment Artist, I've worked on The Division, and the Underground DLC. For the curious, I'm self-taught, so to the hopefuls - yeah it can be done, just be good at what you do and never stop bugging studios for jobs :)

You can check out some of my work @ Artstation

On 14/10/2016 at 3:07 PM, Harley Wilson said:

Hi,

Long-time lurker here, also 2+ years and counting AAA experience as an Environment Artist, I've worked on The Division, and the Underground DLC. For the curious, I'm self-taught, so to the hopefuls - yeah it can be done, just be good at what you do and never stop bugging studios for jobs :)

You can check out some of my work @ Artstation

Welcome! :)