6 hours ago, PogoP said:

*shrugs*

It's a realistic WW2 shooter. What's to get excited about? I'm surprised people aren't more critical. Aren't you guys bored of playing the same shit? Sure it's been a good few years since a AAA WW2 game, and we're now in a new generation of games, but you know EXACTLY how the game is going to play out. You know exactly how the guns are going to shoot. You know exactly which vehicles will be in this game. You know exactly the types of enemies you'll be shooting. I can guarantee one of your buddies is going to die in the singleplayer campaign and it's going to be super emotional with orchestral music playing in the background.

I think the sci-fi CoD games were more interesting than this. I didn't play them, but at least they tried something a bit different. Dunno, maybe I'm just looking at this through a cynical lens.

What other settings would you guys like to see in a CoD game, I wonder? Have they ever made one set in Vietnam? That could be interesting. Or perhaps some kind of alternate history.. Dunno. I guess the huge production costs and lengthy production time means the CoD series is always inevitably going to have to be lowest common denominator, and they couldn't really explore a smaller conflict/war.

Realistic is a bit of a leap probably. :P But no jetpacks or anything, no (though zombies I guess heh).

When it comes to "playing the same shit" I gotta disagree with your point of view. Shooters are diverse as hell when you look at the nitty gritties and a lot of people, me among them, can enjoy a lot of different flavours of shooter. CS:GO, Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty 4 may all share the same contemporary setting and their arsenals overlap but they play quite differently and have a slightly different take on things. The difference between these games is probably bigger than the difference between entries within each respective franchise. Having said that, this is CoD and it's probably mostly the same once again. I want to see what they do with the multiplayer primarily because I share your belief that SP will be some melodramatic blockbuster. :D

Black Ops did actually include both Vietnam and alternate history in the same game if I remember correctly.

9 hours ago, PogoP said:

I think the sci-fi CoD games were more interesting than this. I didn't play them, but at least they tried something a bit different.

What other settings would you guys like to see in a CoD game, I wonder? Have they ever made one set in Vietnam? That could be interesting. Or perhaps some kind of alternate history.

Well like @Puddy mentions they've put some Vietnam in Black Ops, but wasn't that exclusive experience. Personally I wouldn't be looking forward to something like that tho, probably cos all Vietnam games I've seen were disappointing. I found Men of Valor (by 2015, the original MoH guys) a bit on the offensive/racist just by watching the walkthrough demos…

Agree that the futuristic CODs at least have tried something, I'm not interested in the most recent but I've bought Advanced Warfare in the sales as that clicked right for me (plus Kevin Spacey).

In terms of left field ideas, I liked my friend's about Rome soldiers… but I'd be happier if this potential stays untapped for a proper Italian team to bring to life eventually.

Something like the American Civil War is very unexplored, afaik there have been no fps for that, other than maybe unfinished mods.

But at the end of the day I just wish they would take a couple years break to wear out the franchise fatigue. 

Edited by blackdog

Say what you will, but this topic is 3 pages long and barely a day old. Love it or hate it, people are talking. 

1 hour ago, FMPONE said:

don't care about any non-WW2 CoD tbh, but this game changed my fucking life

ph2.jpg

mp_carentan0001.jpg

:D:D

Both these maps! <33333 Specially Carentan!

I know those houses inside out! I hope this CoD goes back to the simplicity of CoD1 and 2.

1 hour ago, FMPONE said:

don't care about any non-WW2 CoD tbh, but this game changed my fucking life

Call+Of+Duty+1.jpg

:D:D

Best CoD I ever played (granted, I didn't play much of them since the early days).

I prefer CoD2 to the first, such a great feeling in the weapons (Einfield <3). What I didnt like of the first games was that bouncing between different fronts and reading generic mission details instead of having a story.

I think in comparison I did like MOH more than COD1 :|

@Vorontsov zombies are confirmed (obvs).

@FMPONE personally I'd rather get a proper campaign done right than scattering left and right with no sense of continuity.

I don't get the sense they are going so much back to COD1 as that (in the featurette they talk about visiting every real location the game takes place)… but I might be wrong.

Still tho, with the length of campaigns shortening every time, I struggle to see how they could do more than one front with this production value.

Edited by blackdog

Loved the first COD. It was the game I played the most and yeah even in competitive shit. I really hope that they do something good with this, at least a nice SP Campaign.

As for MP there's Battalion 1944 which looks really nice and the gameplay is getting pretty close to COD and COD2 with all that classic feel to it. And it's UE4.. which means that there will be a nice mod community and I suspect that all COD maps will be remade for it! :D

39 minutes ago, Radu said:

I like how heavy that Sherman tank looks and sounds. Overall the SFX are sehr gut!