• Mélenchon
    • Lassalle
    • Poutou
    • Arthaud
    • Dupont-Aignan
    • Asselineau
    • Cheminade
    • Hamon

I'd just like to precise that Macron was not the president most of the french wanted, most of the people weren't committed voters.

It just happened that 4 candidates were around 20% and only 2 can remain in finals. Most of the french people do NOT want Lepen and vote against her.

Plus, it appears that a significant part of people who voted for Macron in the first round were already doing it against Lepen.

So most of the french people aren't happy with Macron and I hardly believe in most of the stuff he says (that's almost the first time I hear him speak about ecology, he was almost only focused on economy).

I don't see hope here, i only see the same government we've had for 5 years being here once again and we're going to get fucked.

I just hope i'll be wrong.

You guys obviously have a far better perspective on things. With Macron being a banker, I don't expect the people to suddenly be better of. In fact, after having seen The Requiem for the American dream, I lost all faith in politics. But, having said all that, I'm still glad that people didn't go for hate. It's 2 in 2 so far and that gives me hope for Europe.

What's worrying is the proportion of voters who finally voted for her. During legislative elections, we better hope to have the same distribution as the 1st round, with worse results for the far right as well.

I don't fully know everything about his plan myself, but he at least has a decent grasp about economy,  which will maybe change something from politicians who used to only know about politics and not so much the rest.

The harder part of his presidency will probably what he'll do about the social part of politics. His stance on education might be the most important part of the country development since he wants to use education as a mean for entrepreneurship and economic competitiveness, which is against the current trend at least in France. So that's refreshing.

The rest we'll see how much he can do with the legislative results.

(I'm curious to see what guys like John Oliver will say, since they mocked Europe, saying we'd vote like Americans ! )

2 hours ago, laminutederire said:

The harder part of his presidency will probably what he'll do about the social part of politics. His stance on education might be the most important part of the country development since he wants to use education as a mean for entrepreneurship and economic competitiveness, which is against the current trend at least in France. So that's refreshing.

If you are talking social, I think you summed up his political guideline pretty well. Though, i'm not sure this is "refreshing", at least definitely not for private schools, still, a bit newer for public universities. If i would risk to express an opinion, i don't think this is very sane.

9 minutes ago, KoKo5oVaR said:

If you are talking social, I think you summed up his political guideline pretty well. Though, i'm not sure this is "refreshing", at least definitely not for private schools, still, a bit newer for public universities. If i would risk to express an opinion, i don't think this is very sane.

Or lack thereof, since social isn't his focus that much.

Well I had the chance to talk to him once, and he was positive that higher education expenses is something overlooked that should change to regain a dominant position in the industry. For someone in an engineering school looking at the state of this type of school, I can only agree because for years, funds have been reduced and reduced, leaving researchers the obligation to leave to live.

I don't know what exactly will happen in primary and secondary education, that may be something important as well, but harder to change.

Why wouldn't it be sane?