[HL2] DownFall, available on Steam

marnamai

Hi!

This is post is a couple days overdue, but here it is anyway.

DownFall is a high quality Half-Life 2 single-player mod taking place in the White Forest surroundings.
You're once more donning the HEV suit as Gordon Freeman. Your mission is to recover a newly developed technology by the resistance,
known as the "citadel buster", before the Combine manage to destroy it.

Chapter 1 is available now, it's short but sweet, with an average playtime of ~35 minutes, there's an additional 2 chapters coming in the future with an estimated lengh of 40 minutes each (no ETA, valve time :v ).The main goal of the project is to provide more polished HL2 gameplay with some twists, taking place in new locations while staying true to Valve's design.
(and hopefully land a job in the long run, Valve are you reading this?)

You can grab it here.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/587650

Reception by the community has been pretty good so far, but I’d like to get as much eyes/hands on as possible.

ss_d34ad5fa1fd823fbc787315673daac7c1b7d7

ss_fe8d801b2f06b75b4388aa42b1efe69d3fb39

Edited by marnamai

• FMPONE featured this topic

Just played it, it's really fun and I loved the little twists in it, especially the sniper one :P. Superb design in the first level as well, in the village/resistance outpost. Loved the custom models as well. Sometimes I could see the NPCs spawn out of thin air but that's something that you can resolve in a matter of seconds. You've certainly inspired me to finally finish my own mod, even though I won't have the luck of a steam release., keep developing this!

Very cool mod, nice atmosphere. Some parts are a little confusing, but probably because I haven't played Half Life in a long time. My biggest gripe is that the trailer gives too much away, but I guess you can choose not to watch it. Looking forward to future episodes :)

Edited by nikkoship

It was just awesome. That's a mix of the best from HL2 (and mostly its EP2) with bigger maps and more space to discover than usual.

I just couldn't find that ladder at the end of that first map, i thought this zigzag was just a secondary path with a reward (ammo crates or something) for people trying to discover everything. Try making the big fence door obviously blocked, I was convinced I had to continue by car.
Also, I thought i'd be able to open that big door to get in the village with my car, i looked for a way to do it for a while !

Great work, was really enjoyable !

• FMPONE unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...