MikeGon

Opal

we've been running the map since monday on the mapcore hub and the general consensus seems to be that the map is currently way too big and you should basically trim the entirety of the 'underground' space and add the second bombsite somewhere else. We have a bunch of demos for you to review when you are back in the land of the living though! let me know when you're about and we can get you sorted.

Just played it and have to agree. The routing and overall spacing of the layout seem off. The underground area is also not really fitting in my opinion. It takes too much space of the map and doesn't really fit the theme of the map. I think you'd be better off removing the underground area and go for a less vertical approach to the layout. The 'daylight' visuals are promising so having this huge underground area doesn't feel like a good idea. 

Due to that and the size it feels like a maze from time to time. Especially rotating between the sites feels mad. Also the encounters between players are a thing to improve on. Revisit cover placement and chokepoints.

Oh and the stairs would look much better if the steps were less high :D And the water texture doesn't seem to be packed right. It appears black.

tl;dr: less complex, more horizontal layout approach to get better visuals+gameplay.

IMO the map is too big. There are way too many angles to check and it's literally possible for the enemies to come from behind. By removing the whole underground the map would be much better, it takes too much space of the map and doesn't really fit to the style of the map.

Woah okay I'm back, catching up...

I still don't have my stuff and computer, and I'm still in trouble. Using a work computer for everything atm.

Resorting to legal actions against the moving company since they have my stuff since almost 2 months now. It's a mess because that's Canadian company an I'm in the US, so I need to show up to a court over there because those here don't take care of that. I'm looking for a lawyer atm to help me with this.

I've been living in terrible conditions, out of a backpack for the past 2 months. They pulled a bait-and-switch on me, doubling the price compared to the quote, and on top of that, they completely unreachable. They don't answer the phone and don't reply to emails.

I just looked at reviews, and they're basically a scam company. Obviously I'm deeply regretting and feeling very stupid for not looking that up before letting them take everything that I have. I'm basically experiencing exactly what these people are describing here: https://www.mymovingreviews.com/movers/access-canada-movers-8061

Now the scary thing is that a lot of them are talking about their stuff being damaged, etc. So if my computer and hard drive are broken or lost, this project and all the source files (and... all my other projects as well) are gone. 😰

The kind of stuff that always happen to "other people", well sometimes it happens to you huh... what a nightmare.

(This should probably be in a "What's going on with your life?" thread but since it affects the project I'm posting it here.)

@MikeGon Damn I don't know what I would do if I lost my PC and all my stuff. Sounds like a complete nightmare, I hope this does not affect your motivation to work on maps. I wish the best for you, and I hope they don't damage your hard drive or worse.

On 2/10/2019 at 3:49 PM, DMU222 said:

@MikeGon Damn I don't know what I would do if I lost my PC and all my stuff. Sounds like a complete nightmare, I hope this does not affect your motivation to work on maps. I wish the best for you, and I hope they don't damage your hard drive or worse.

I would pull a mcskillet if that happened and I lost my progress. This is why I frequently upload to workshop, and have cloud backup.