Sprony

Battlefront 2

9 minutes ago, Beck said:

Would it though? If people have been playing for longer than you and have cards which make their abilities stronger you'd just instantly be in an unfair match if you're a new player. 

I don't mind loot boxes really so long as everything in it is cosmetic. The second you start giving people drops which improve their stats it pretty much makes your game Pay2Win. Progress in the game shouldn't be behind a RNG or dice roll. I should play a class and unlock things for that class or at least let the players unlock what they want.

I mean, it's awesome they're doing away with premium/season passes for this game. That was always a big gripe for me in Battlefield games since it split the communities. I know they're going to want to still get that money out of everyone they're losing out on and loot boxes are fine for that. Just don't make it Pay2Win.

Yeah you're right. At least people would have to actually play the game rather than just paying.

I don't get why they're trying to milk people on 60 euros games anyway... is it due to licensing cost for the SW franchise or are they just greedy, or are video games not profitable anymore on the scale of development needed to develop games of high quality graphically?

19 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

Yeah you're right. At least people would have to actually play the game rather than just paying.

I don't get why they're trying to milk people on 60 euros games anyway... is it due to licensing cost for the SW franchise or are they just greedy, or are video games not profitable anymore on the scale of development needed to develop games of high quality graphically?

Don't forget a lot of people used to buy Premium on Battlefield games. So people bought the base game for £50 and then bought premium on top for £40 or whatever it was. Now people only need to spend £50 on SWBF2 and they're losing out on that potential £40 so the loot crates are a way they could have made it back.

I'm sure the Star Wars license is expensive but I'm pretty sure EA sell enough to cover their costs.

Forza 7

NBA 2K18

Shadow of War

Probably missed several more....

Sadly it looks like Battlefront 2 will be joining the group. I believe that most big publishers are just viciously greedy wallet devouring souless corporate machines. They focus more on filling the shareholders pockets than retaining great customer satisfaction.

The game looks incredible, but I wouldn't be shocked to find that the epic final scene of the SP campaign was split into DLC or something similar.

At this rate I'll stop buying AAA-games all together. Suits came and fucked it up for everyone. :/

Disney probably stopped them from making cosmetic micro's and we all know publishers cant go without micro's anymore so they had to do something. Sucks, especially with how some of them are blatant OP like 100% reduced damage during rocket barrage on Bobba or something like that. :rolleyes:

Looks like things are going to be a hell of alot better now, woo!  

"As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements. "

"And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game. "

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/thank-you-beta?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbf2-101217-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=38387&ts=1507835560227

Edited by Dark

39 minutes ago, Dark said:

Looks like things are going to be a hell of alot better now, woo!  

"As a balance goal, we’re working towards having the most powerful items in the game only earnable via in-game achievements. "

"And lastly, you have to earn the right to be able to upgrade Star Cards and unlock most Weapons. You can only upgrade or unlock them if you have reached a high enough rank, which is determined by playing the game. "

https://www.ea.com/games/starwars/battlefront/battlefront-2/news/thank-you-beta?utm_campaign=swbf2_hd_ww_ic_soco_twt_swbf2-101217-tw&utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&cid=38387&ts=1507835560227

This makes me happy, I loved the game but was worried the lootcrate system would ruin it. Still won't preorder but I am saving the cash for if it turns out better.

I'm sure all of you have seen the shitstorm that's exploded all over the internet with SW:BF2's progression/microtransactions.

I'm not 100% sure of the tiny details on it all but some of it sounds like genuine concerns (~40 hours to unlock a single character for example) but the community has turned nasty and started threatening the devs.

It's really sad to see.

4 hours ago, Beck said:

I'm sure all of you have seen the shitstorm that's exploded all over the internet with SW:BF2's progression/microtransactions.

I'm not 100% sure of the tiny details on it all but some of it sounds like genuine concerns (~40 hours to unlock a single character for example) but the community has turned nasty and started threatening the devs.

It's really sad to see.

I believe the devs are those wonderful people that work their asses of to create all the beautiful art should have none of that shit. Suits make the calls on those ugly stains that come prepacked with these AAA-games. 

Sucks that voting with the wallet, which is the only way to grab the execs attention, also hurts the devs. :/