Sprony

Battlefront 2

Glad to hear you got a chance to play it Sprony!  The fighters this time around feel really smooth and balanced. It's been a blast to play and I love having multiple objectives to complete with a nice variety of ships, abilities and heroes to do so.  

Edited by Dark

On 23.8.2017 at 9:47 AM, Sprony said:

So I played the Starfighter mode. I didn't care for space battles to be honest, but I do now. It was quite intense en very well executed. Controls are smooth, the visuals spot on and you can buy Hero ships with your battle points or upgrade your ship with star cards. You also have classes in Starfighter and it works really well. I'm impressed.

Yeah, the Starfighter mode was quite cool. Gameplay was really solid. Controls are soooo much more enjoyable than in Battlefront"1".

When did you play it? Tuesday? Maybe we were even in the same room at the same time? :o Also got some gameplay captured. Gonna cut it early next week :)

1 minute ago, El_Exodus said:

Yeah, the Starfighter mode was quite cool. Gameplay was really solid. Controls are soooo much more enjoyable than in Battlefront"1".

When did you play it? Tuesday? Maybe we were even in the same room at the same time? :o Also got some gameplay captured. Gonna cut it early next week :)

Yeah, I was there on Tuesday for Eurogamer. I think I played it somewhere around noon. Got me a nice photo with a Stormtrooper as well :)

Too bad we didn't know, would have been nice to meet and greet. 

Just now, Sprony said:

Yeah, I was there on Tuesday for Eurogamer. I think I played it somewhere around noon. Got me a nice photo with a Stormtrooper as well :)

Too bad we didn't know, would have been nice to meet and greet. 

I'm a dummy and was too late to order a Mapcore shirt. I have regrets. Would've been quite funny i reckon. :D

Indeed, that would have been very nice.

18 minutes ago, Dark said:

New trailer showing tons of features of the game dropped today.

I truly believe this game is going to blow everyone away. Having played it only strengthened that believe. The MP will be spot on. If there's going to be a weak spot, it will be the campaign. But I pray to the Sith Lords that it won't come to that. 

This is a problem in what seems like everything coming out lately, especially SP only games, like wtf. :(  Not liking what I am seeing here either, hopefully the huge amount of criticism from the beta going around everywhere will help.

7 hours ago, Dark said:

This is a problem in what seems like everything coming out lately, especially SP only games, like wtf. :(  Not liking what I am seeing here either, hopefully the huge amount of criticism from the beta going around everywhere will help.

In one way I'd prefer that people don't have too disproportionate rewards at the end, because afterwards it's just about getting better and better and untouchable at the end because you started playing before everyone else. It felt a bit like that in the first one to me. Like I bought the game 6 months after release, I just got stomped on by people with superior weaponry and cards. Like those people vaulting left and right with a pistol dealing as much damage as the base rifle. But since I was a bit under equipped I didn't get as much cash as they did and it made the grind so long it tired me! (It's like rewarding more the people who were there first). Having dome balance on that is quite nice. EA should just drop the paying part and the system would be perfectly acceptable.

38 minutes ago, laminutederire said:

EA should just drop the paying part and the system would be perfectly acceptable.

Would it though? If people have been playing for longer than you and have cards which make their abilities stronger you'd just instantly be in an unfair match if you're a new player. 

I don't mind loot boxes really so long as everything in it is cosmetic. The second you start giving people drops which improve their stats it pretty much makes your game Pay2Win. Progress in the game shouldn't be behind a RNG or dice roll. I should play a class and unlock things for that class or at least let the players unlock what they want.

I mean, it's awesome they're doing away with premium/season passes for this game. That was always a big gripe for me in Battlefield games since it split the communities. I know they're going to want to still get that money out of everyone they're losing out on and loot boxes are fine for that. Just don't make it Pay2Win.