Sign in to follow this  
Sprony

Starcraft Remastered

I want to feel glad and positive but I don't.

What about improved siege-tank ai? 
What about unit grouping?

And I certainly don't want to pay for this. I mean come on, this isn't a new game.
We who already own sc1, sc1:bw or sc2 should not pay this IMO.
A symbolic donation of 5$ maybe but not more.

Well, I for one are really happy with the announcement. I own both StarCraft and Brood War, but I never got around to playing them due to my obsession with C&C. Now that I've played and really enjoyed all the StarCraft 2 games, this is a great way to enjoy the classics. 

Im really stoked about this, having played SC1 all through my younger years and playing sc2 on an off at a mid-high level. I love the fact that they're not trying to redo it, its just a perfect 1:1 with all its crazy gameplay and mechanics

Have to say I'm not a fan of all of these remakes, would've felt like a cash grab if it wasn't for the fact that they're actually going F2P. I have a hard time seeing Blizzard actually creating in-game monetization for SC1:Remastered (let's pray the leave it untouched).

It's cool and I'm a fan but in reality I think I will just open it up sometime during the launch, play a match or two on Big Game Hunters, play a sunken defense and then close it down and go back to my other games.

You have it wrong. Starcraft: Remastered will not be f2p. It will be sold for an undisclosed price. As for the old Starcraft + Brood War expansion, they will be made free for everyone (not free-to-play) at the end of this month.

Players using the free version of the game will be able to compete vs those who got the Remastered version. That also means both versions will have Widescreen and Win7/8/10 support. It's time to go back to my level design roots!

6 hours ago, Radu said:

You have it wrong. Starcraft: Remastered will not be f2p. It will be sold for an undisclosed price. As for the old Starcraft + Brood War expansion, they will be made free for everyone (not free-to-play) at the end of this month.

Oh lol. Well then it feels totally like a cash grab!

Sadly, this really feels like admitting defeat for SC2.

I don't think these remastered games are aimed at us old farts who owned and played the original games. I'm pretty sure it's marketed towards the younger generations of gamers who don't own the games, and probably think the graphics are too bad to play it by current standards.

14 hours ago, Sjonsson said:

Sadly, this really feels like admitting defeat for SC2.

Why do you think that? 

1 hour ago, Sprony said:

Why do you think that? 

I might be wrong here but it feels like the reason SC2 didn't kick off was due to the immense learning curve and there was always a bit of resistance from the Korean fanbase about SC2 'not being SC:BW' because of features making it more intuitive, (or as they saw it; easier) to play. I just see it like if SC2 couldn't easen that learning curve SC:BW won't work for the players that aren't previously familiar with the series either. I know that in Wings of Liberty a big chunk of the Korean playerbase didn't even look at the game.

What I mean is, it was like SC2 was the approach to broaden the playerbase and now launching the remastered SC:BW it's like they want the player base to go back to the roots and in that sense admitted defeat.

Oorrr.... maybe it's just a cash grab!

(INB4 Diablo II: Remastered, you heard it here first ;) )