Sign in to follow this  
Vanx

[CS:GO] de_celtic

I`ve been working on a successor/remake of my old CS 1.6 map de_celtic. The layout will be the nearly same, maybe a little expanded. The screenshots show the CT-Start. It is a defusual mission with a difference, the counter-terrorists need to prevent the terrorists detonating one of their two missiles located in an irish castle. There is no overview right now, because the T-Start isnt finished. Not the correct way to make a map, but the timings are the same as in 1.6 - and it was important for me as an CS:GO-mapping-beginner (three months) creating the texture-sets and try to figure out how the buildings/scenery should look like. The old de_celtic picture also shows the CT-Start (with the building that has been demolished for the modern architecture.  

de_celtic_p1.jpg

de_celtic_p2.jpg

de_celtic_p3.jpg

de_celtic_p4.jpg

de_celtic_p1old.jpg

22 hours ago, baem123 said:

im missing a pillar in the first picture, or is your foundation leading to middle-earth? ^^

edit: you should post this in "3D"

I'm not sure if a column interferes with the aesthetics of the building. But of course it is so long that the concrete has to be very good ...

The modernist building with the massive/heavy second storey overhang feels weightless since there are no supporting structural elements under it. It's really throwing me off.

Not trying to come up with a solution here, but I could see moving around some of the crumbling wall bits towards the corners of the overhang and then extending some kind of modernist pillar or columns (I beams with some colour contrast on them, perhaps) from them, thus unifying the old wall and the modernist structure, all while providing the structural support that currently feels absent.

I'd also love to try site (re)takes to see if those undulating broken stone walls make things really difficult for attackers. Feels like you might have some headshot box-like situations on your hands there.

Edited by soultron

I've posted a picture from another perspective: The overhang of the building is not as big as the first screenshots suggest.
Nevertheless, there probably must bei be pillars.
How easy or hard it is to defend the bombspot must be playtestet. I see the problem that you mean. There are three ways aside 
from the main route to get there and there is (will be) coverage for the attackers.

20170317160226_1.jpg

Edited by Vanx

On 27.3.2017 at 9:38 PM, will2k said:

Holy shit...I remember you from back in the day. was it 2000, 2001? How time flies

Used to love the Celtic bagpipes sound

Welcome to Mapcore btw, enjoy your stay :)

It was march 2001 ... and I am still mapping (with some breaks): http://tara-hadrian.de/deckard/maps.htm

It's very nice that some people remember the map, that feels good. 

Edited by Vanx

27 minutes ago, Vanx said:

It was march 2001 ... and I am still mapping (with some breaks): http://tara-hadrian.de/deckard/maps.htm

This map had (has) a cool setting and it was fresh at this time :) And the music...ahaha as I already said, THAT's the thing I remember well ! 
In our (dead?) de_highland map we put it it too ^^ 

4 hours ago, Vanx said:

The good thing is that most of the old-timers from 1999-2003 hang out here on mapcore, myself included :)

4 hours ago, El Moroes said:

In our (dead?) de_highland map we put it it too ^^ 

:(

4 hours ago, will2k said:

The good thing is that most of the old-timers from 1999-2003 hang out here on mapcore, myself included :)

:(

Yeah, and just two weeks ago, I've read your Man vs. Engine. Nice to meet you now ...

Edited by Vanx

Sign in to follow this