Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FMPONE

Get Out directed by Jordan Peele

16 posts in this topic

Go see this. Seriously go see this. Best movie I've seen since The Matrix, Fight Club etc. it's fucking insane.

IMG_4691.PNG.0a13ba45438bf7ce3f0b7f29a989e30f.PNG

IMG_4690.JPG.2f72815f53b720237f49d76c921f6dcc.JPG

1 hour ago, FMPONE said:

Go see this. Seriously go see this. Best movie I've seen since The Matrix, Fight Club etc. it's fucking insane.

IMG_4691.PNG.0a13ba45438bf7ce3f0b7f29a989e30f.PNG

IMG_4690.JPG.2f72815f53b720237f49d76c921f6dcc.JPG

i watched the trailer and it looks amazing is it more physiological horror then anything ?  

1 hour ago, PlattenG said:

i watched the trailer and it looks amazing is it more physiological horror then anything ?  

It's a horror movie. There's many different sides of it and characters, they could work independently but put together it really works well.

PlattenG likes this

by the title of the thread it made me wonder who this Jordan Peele is and why did he want to out direct me?

Vaya and FMPONE like this

18 hours ago, FMPONE said:

Those are some very bold statements to make.

Radu likes this

Is this a spoof? Cos the poster looks like has been put together from shots of Intouchables 🤣

Also Fight Club and Matrix are very different movies… seems weird to associate a horror movie. Best overall movie last few years is Sicario for me.

Speaking of great unknown movies, you seen Exam?

Edited by blackdog

19 hours ago, Sprony said:

Those are some very bold statements to make.

I think this is a movie that a lot of people won't give a fair chance, or come to all sorts of weird judgements about because it obviously has some racial themes. But man, what a fucking great movie. I'm going to go see it again this week.

Sprony likes this

They shoved the trailer in my face because of a YT ad and knowing it from this topic I watched it and I'm very pleasantly intrigued. I think the racial theme is very interesting, the whole thing is very trippy. Seems a great horror-thriller flick... not sure if qualifies as "best movie since", but definitely gave me that "claustrophobia/paranoia" feeling of movies like Fight Club or Exam.
Will watch.

FMPONE likes this

I do not recommend watching any trailers for this movie. (or any trailers for any movie you actually want to see)

Dang missed it. Had to stop at the Apple Store before going to the cinema and took longer, missed the show :/

Just got back from the cinema.. This film is amazing! I think you put it on my radar Pone, so thanks for that man.

Really interesting film... Loved it.

blackdog and FMPONE like this

I just saw this, primarily based on @FMPONE's recommendation, but I really don't get all the hype. It's a refreshing take, that's for sure. I love the racial theme, especially considering my wife and I have different skin color as well. But the main problem for me is that it sells itself as a horror, but it has nothing to do with horror. It's a thriller. That's not a bad thing, but they mix it with satire and forced comedy making it this weird mishmash of genres that never really hits the right tone. All of that could have been forgiven if it wasn't as predictable as fuck. Seriously, they signal everything so far in advance that you have to be blind not to see those twists coming a mile away. The last half hour or so I was checking the time hoping the movie would be done soon. I'm really disappointed now :(