154 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose one:

• Unreal Tournament
    • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Source 2 Destinations
    • 1024x1024 unit contest (any game)
    • Black Mesa

So, enough time has elapsed that we can think about closing the poll soon.

It looks like you guys are clearly: interested in another CS:GO event, interested in another UE4 event, and really intrigued by the 1024x1024 idea. So, we're going to do all of these (eventually)! I think two contests per year is reasonable, personally.

I have a further question:

1) Hostage or bomb defuse? Both?

2 minutes ago, FMPONE said:

So, enough time has elapsed that we can think about closing the poll soon.

It looks like you guys are clearly: interested in another CS:GO event, interested in another UE4 event, and really intrigued by the 1024x1024 idea. So, we're going to do all of these (eventually)! I think two contests per year is reasonable, personally.

I have a further question:

1) Hostage or bomb defuse? Both?

A new poll ? ^^ ahaha

I think the best option would be the 1024x1024 unit challenge for cs:go and allow any of the official game modes to be used. There are a lot of people that don't want yet another regular cs:go contest.

6 minutes ago, Radu said:

I think the best option would be the 1024x1024 unit challenge for cs:go and allow any of the official game modes to be used. There are a lot of people that don't want yet another regular cs:go contest.

While I don't think limiting the map size is the best idea for a CS:GO contest, options to vary from a competitive defuse or hostage map would be a good call.

45 minutes ago, text_fish said:

I'd say Hostage or Arms Race, personally. OR, open it up to all game modes but have a 'theme' for the competition, something abstract and open to interpretation like "falling" or "holiday".

What do you say of something like "The Deal"? It could be centered around a location where two parties exchange goods. Think of the intro from Vice City or the meeting points from Breaking Bad. Also, people could be ambiguous of what's being exchanged and do something like the case from Pulp Fiction.

Edit* All official game modes, except bomb/defuse.

The problem with Csgo maps right now is the lovely possibility of being in a "operation". 80% of people will try to make a Defuse map with a layout close to the common official competitive maps.

it would be fun to see something fresh.

1 hour ago, 3Dnj said:

The problem with Csgo maps right now is the lovely possibility of being in a "operation". 80% of people will try to make a Defuse map with a layout close to the common official competitive maps.

This. I would like to see a contest focused on anything but defuse maps. People will make these anyway and a contest would be a great opportunity to focus on other gamemodes.

I think quality community maps for Arms Race (or similar) would be a nice thing. You won't have to spend too much time on the layout and can focus on the visuals instead where - i think - people can learn the most along the way. And i could imagine Valve to implement maps like these into the game, which are not made for the classic competitive game modes.

But please: Wait with the CS contests, until later in 2017. Would be nice to create stuff with (hopefully) new tools.

Edited by El_Exodus

1 hour ago, 3Dnj said:

I'd say you are actually more likely to get into an operation with a well-made hostage map because there are just so little available atm.