154 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose one:

• Unreal Tournament
    • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Source 2 Destinations
    • 1024x1024 unit contest (any game)
    • Black Mesa

Voted csgo because of how large the community is, although I could see myself having fun with all of these.

Hopefully the csgo events include other game modes etc. alongside defuse/hostage maps. Or maybe just separate events for non-competitive maps. Some Single-player focused events would be cool too.

I'd like to nominate UT4 because I feel like UE4 will be much more inviting to newcomers.

I'd also like to hold off on CSGO until any future Source 2 integrations occur. After that? Sure! Let's try all of the new stuff! So much new stuff! Hey, where is all of the new stuff?!

11 minutes ago, soultron said:

I'd like to nominate UT4 because I feel like UE4 will be much more inviting to newcomers.

I'd also like to hold off on CSGO until any future Source 2 integrations occur. After that? Sure! Let's try all of the new stuff! So much new stuff! Hey, where is all of the new stuff?!

Source2 is not coming into CSGO or TF2 anytime soon. All this fuzz about it was because Gabe said in an interview that all their games will be using the same engine eventually. There is nothing concrete happening and it's much more beneficial to them to put their resources into use on other avenues of development. You can wait source2 but meanwhile create something great.

Haven't voted yet.

Is there any other UE4 game we can mod/map for instead of UT? Just because if we are talking about doing something different…

Also 1024x1024 is necessarily a cube or can we think of having that total volume at disposal, but can for example create a very long corridor?

2 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Haven't voted yet.

Is there any other UE4 game we can mod/map for instead of UT? Just because if we are talking about doing something different…

Also 1024x1024 is necessarily a cube or can we think of having that total volume at disposal, but can for example create a very long corridor?

I think the idea is a cube. 

We could morph these options into different things depending on your feedback. So UT could become UE4 scene contest, CS:GO could become hostage, it's totally up to you guys what direction you'd like things to go.

37 minutes ago, ics said:

Source2 is not coming into CSGO or TF2 anytime soon. All this fuzz about it was because Gabe said in an interview that all their games will be using the same engine eventually. There is nothing concrete happening and it's much more beneficial to them to put their resources into use on other avenues of development. You can wait source2 but meanwhile create something great.

I agree. It's why I feel UT4/UE4 is a better investment of time, especially for newcomers trying their hand at level design. :)

Spoiler

I mean, I say all of this, but I will probably do more work in Hammer than UE4 this year.

I haven't voted (yet). I am only known with playing UT04 and CS:GO and I am still learning Hammer. So making a map for CS:GO would be most interresting to me. But if it will be a CS:GO contest  I hope it could be something specific and something different. A cs_ map could do as there are not many maps for it. Or a total deviant layout for a competetive defusal or hostage map but I guess its hard to judge what is 'deviant'. It would also be cool to think of a new competetive gamemode to make a map for. Or perhaps that's a waiste of time and effort?

The 1024x1024 gamemode sounds interresting. But I guess for judgement and for the participaters its better to pick one game and gamemode? I would like to hear more about this idea

1 hour ago, tomm said:

I wish people were more interested in killing floor 2 map making.

I wouldn't  mind any unusual game, but in that case we have to arrange with the developer keys giveaway or at least a huge discount (75-90) for participants.

Eg I'd be interested trying my hands on Rocket League arenas. (Don't own cos have rubbish unreliable internet and can't play online)