1. 1. Please choose one:

• Unreal Tournament
    • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Source 2 Destinations
    • 1024x1024 unit contest (any game)
    • Black Mesa

1 minute ago, FMPONE said:

It could be interesting simply to work with the editor. Keep in mind CS:GO is confirmed moving to Source 2 eventually. 

(Vote for whatever you want)

Already voted for Source 2 :v Yeah i'm curious how the transition to the new CS:GO tools will be... Afaik no word has been told about the "details".

But long story short: A contest for the "old" tools is not worth it imo. A contest is a great way to learn new stuff.

Edited by El_Exodus
add

Regarding Team Fortress 2, it's certainly not dead even though Valve has made some big changes how games are searched these days and mostly to their own servers. Game turns 10 years old in October this year. TF2 is far from dead and Valve does care about it, while people seem to think they do not.

There is definitely potential there to make out something awesome for the game if people choose to do so. Though It's propably not the easiest game to approach to. Money usually is good motivator, if the game age isn't. So if "old tools" are something you dislike, maybe they aren't such bad if your level gets into the game*.

*no promises.

Edited by ics

14 minutes ago, Pampers said:

edit: but I'm guessing the results from this won't be interpreted binary :)

absolutely correct!

11 minutes ago, grapen said:

Would've loved voting Overwatch though. Toolset pretty please? :D

I edited out some passive aggressive whining to that effect from the original post :P

While CS:GO may be the predictible and boring avenue I am pretty sure it has the widest coverage across the sites memebers. All of the possibilities look fun though!

On a side note, the title and wording of the poll is a bit strange. Voting on "Mapcore's future" sounds like it is deciding the sites sole focus which is, unless I am reading it wrong, incorrect. May want to at least edit the title.

Edited by Quotingmc

2 hours ago, Quotingmc said:

On a side note, the title and wording of the poll is a bit strange. Voting on "Mapcore's future" sounds like it is deciding the sites sole focus which is, unless I am reading it wrong, incorrect. May want to at least edit the title.

I agree, it's a bit confusing what are we voting on. Voted for CS:GO since I'm currenty working on a map for it, but would be nice to see something else alongside CS.