• Unreal Tournament
    • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
    • Team Fortress 2
    • Source 2 Destinations
    • 1024x1024 unit contest (any game)
    • Black Mesa

2017.thumb.png.d23a1064d79ce3bd0eeae7230d6d286d.png

You decide where Mapcore goes in 2017. 

Choosing events for our beloved 'Core doesn't come lightly, it's a big responsibility. However, our community displays astonishing creativity everyday. Thus, where Mapcore goes next is in your hands.

GAMES:

Virtual Reality. Finally. It would be fun to examine VR, specifically the Source 2 Destinations workshop, as a way to express ourselves, and get our hands on Source 2.

Unreal Tournament has one of the most futuristic mapping editors we could work with right now. 

Black Mesa has matured into a polished stand-alone product. Great, because this is where it all began for Mapcore -- with the legendary Half-Life. 

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive remains huge. Mapcore and CS:GO Operations have had an amazing, symbiotic relationship over the years. 

Team Fortress 2 we could make a big impact on. Imagine a suite of high quality maps for TF2's new Matchmaking player-base, created by you... Also, imagine hats.

Lastly, the 1024x1024 contest is a simple concept: you're limited in the amount of space you have, to exactly 1024x1024 units. We would expand this contest to any game!

Which game(s) do you want to work on?

• FMPONE featured and unfeatured this topic
  • FMPONE unpinned this topic

There is very few information about what that vote actually is for. Reading through the possible answers I can only assume for the next contest?!

In that case I would really like to see something fresh. We had UT4 and CSGO in the past years. I feel like Black Mesa would definitely be very interesting.

Just now, poLemin said:

There is very few information about what that vote actually is for. Reading through the possible answers I can only assume for the next contest?!

In that case I would really like to see something fresh. We had UT4 and CSGO in the past years. I feel like Black Mesa would definitely be very interesting.

Correct! I guess I didn't want to outright say what we'll do, because you guys need to help shape the process 

Valve killed TF2 so while the idea of:

Team Fortress 2 we could make a big impact on. Imagine a suite of high quality maps for TF2's new Matchmaking player-base, created by you... Also, imagine hats.

Sounds absolutely lovely, I personally would not invest a huge amount of time into it because the gain is minimal, and if Valve doesn't care that much about it - why should others?