Jonny Phive

[CS:GO] DE-VENOM

Looking really good - can we get a overview? Only thing I can say for now is that it doenst look too "once abandoned / hidden in the jungle" atm - but its still a wip so ill wait for screens to come :D Good job so far!

So hot with the nice skylights.

One minor piece of feedback I have is that it's hard to read the arrows on the <-B A-> screenshot. I know the arrangement implies B is left and A is right, I still think something can be done to make the arrows a bit more legible. Yellow on gray is making it a bit difficult. :)

Edited by soultron

I remember some past shots of this, so amazing.
Very good job with the logo too, only regret not seeing more of the snake. A "sewed" pattern to make it look like an arm patch would look even more badass.

Makes me also wish CSGO had some sort of singleplayer mode!

Looks really fucking good, please dont mess up with a lot of clutter. The map is simple and pretty,this is operation material judging by the pictures

11 hours ago, Jonny Phive said:

I decided to spend some time taking classes and mentorships last year based on environment art. I felt if I could better understand environment art, I could hopefully become a better level designer. I embarked on a mentorship with Ryan Benno, a modeling course with Andres Rodriguez, and a foliage course with Jeremy Huxley. The following work is a byproduct of their incredible courses, fantastic teaching, and guidance. I strongly recommend each one.

I decided to work some of this new art back into Venom. Excited to share more soon!

alpha-screen-art-a.jpg

alpha-screen-art-b.jpg

alpha-screen-art-c.jpg

alpha-screen-art-d.jpg

alpha-screen-art-e.jpg

alpha-screen-art-f.jpg

This looks great Jon, please keep us updated with your progress!