Sign in to follow this  
FrieChamp

Sea of Thieves

Played my first quest, I wish the tutorial could be a little better to ease you into that learning curve, but man, you know what, this game has got a lot going for it in terms of originality for sure. 

And man, this is definitely the most impressive water in any game, ever. If you're half the nerd i am, it's almost worth getting it just to check it out, along with their weather and time of day system. 

I loved the attention to detail in the planks of the ships floor, and the way water piles up in the cracks and it moves accordingly to the angle the ship is swaying around. I hope they do a tech talk on this later, this engine is really interesting. 

Gameplay feels smooth and responsive, I'll need to play a little more to see how the combat really feels like, but it definitely did a really good first impression. 

I'm getting the feeling that this might be a bit of an Assassin's Creed situation, where clearly a lot of development time has been put into the technology and open world but perhaps they were hoping the gameplay would just 'fit into place' a bit more than it did. It'd be absolutely tragic if all they've achieved were to come to little because of the gameplay deficiencies. Hopefully it'll be marketed and more importantly built upon so it meets its potential — the same way AC2 brought into focus what they were trying to achieve there — and Microsoft hasn't budgeted this as a 'sink or swim' (har har) release.

Played some on Xbox One, i love the Monkey Island vibes and feels i get. Even tho it is not much to do right now,  i can't help to think how small things will make the world feel bigger, so i guess they can expand through updates?

Also, how nice are the players in this game??

I was an asshole, because i assumed the crew on a ship was assholes. You know, like people online are.

Well after shooting at them they swam aboard, laughed at me and repaired my ship. So i followed them, climbed on their boat and started playing the accordion to show them i was not hostile anymore.

Theese guys told me to follow them to the nearest island and i could get their booty, 2000 gold just like that! After that we sailed towards a big skull in the sky where as they killed of alot of skeletons just to let me turn in 50% of the loot. 

Some of the nicest people i've played with, really took care of me as a noob.

Still, i'm gonna attack the next boat i see because, you know. I',m Captain Jack Shit.

On 4/1/2018 at 10:59 PM, Tisky said:

Played some on Xbox One, i love the Monkey Island vibes and feels i get. Even tho it is not much to do right now,  i can't help to think how small things will make the world feel bigger, so i guess they can expand through updates?

Also, how nice are the players in this game??

I was an asshole, because i assumed the crew on a ship was assholes. You know, like people online are.

Well after shooting at them they swam aboard, laughed at me and repaired my ship. So i followed them, climbed on their boat and started playing the accordion to show them i was not hostile anymore.

Theese guys told me to follow them to the nearest island and i could get their booty, 2000 gold just like that! After that we sailed towards a big skull in the sky where as they killed of alot of skeletons just to let me turn in 50% of the loot. 

Some of the nicest people i've played with, really took care of me as a noob.

Still, i'm gonna attack the next boat i see because, you know. I',m Captain Jack Shit.

Lol. Gamers never change :fist::lol: