Sign in to follow this  
FrieChamp

Sea of Thieves

I was quite reassured by a recent article I read that indicated the game will have more structure to it than I expected. Sounds like they've more recently been focusing a lot more on quests. Nothing too in-depth in terms of story, but if there are reasonably fun structured quests combined with superb moment-to-moment gameplay it could be a blast. I friggin' hope so!

I've always loved pirate shenanigans, still sometimes feel a bit sad that some of our own beloved MapCore members' pirate game never managed to achieve its funding targets. And there's not really much else in the genre! So I really hope Rare can get this right and show people can enjoy a bit of pirate action. Rare kind of needs the win too, having not really lived up to its legendary 90s reputation in recent years.

Played with a friend and had some fun, truly a beautiful game. But for 60 bucks the full release really needs to wow me. I’ll be sitting on the fence for a while and see what happens.

happy to see this out, will wait on the opinion of a few more people before picking it up tho, it does sound amazing. Fingers crosses this is as good as it looks.

I want to get this but a lot of people are saying it gets repetitive after a couple hours. I know it's kinda a sandbox and it does look amazing (dat water omg) but I think I'll wait for a bit more content to drop further down the road I think.

Signed up for the 14-day game pass trial to play it. Played it for a few hours and enjoyed it. They got a lot of things right for an awesome pirate game experience but - as others already said - not much there in terms of quests and player progression as of now. I guess they are planning on adding more meat over time and expect people to tune back in every now and then but to launch this as a fully fledged/full price game is ballsy to say the least...