[CS:GO]de_anchor (wip)

esspho

A belated happy new year everyone!

During the holidays I've been putting together some ideas I had laying around for some time:

Terrorists are trying to bring down a radio tower by destroying the wires holding it. They allready took one out (t-start) and just need to cut one more.

The tower is standing on the remains of a historic fort in a mediterranian environment. Transmit is just a working title.

I'm looking for feedback on the layout and scenario before playtesting.

Workshop

170104_rt0002.jpg

fort_antenna.jpg

20170107122355_1.jpg20170107123058_1.jpg20170107123118_1.jpg

I like the setting of this map, maybe I'm just biased as I worked in this industry for quite long :) If you want, I can check if I have any useful photos left from those days.

The radio tower is not only a great landmark, it's also a nice touch that both remaining cables each point to a bombsite.

Possible name suggestion: de_anchor?

Update:

I received some really nice feedback so far and reworked the layout quite a bit.

AMrzQ2F.jpg

Most importantly I removed that path behind bombsite b and instead enlarged the site a bit. Also there is a bridge at bombsite a now that hopefully breaks the long sightlines and adds some cover to that area. The connector to mid has been disconnected from ct_spawn and changed into a cistern-like room (with some water to wade through).

In addition I tryed to smooth the generall flow by getting rid of some corners and stuff that people bumped into all the time. This includes most of the arched doorways.

On 12.1.2017 at 2:41 PM, Squad said:

I like the setting of this map, maybe I'm just biased as I worked in this industry for quite long :) If you want, I can check if I have any useful photos left from those days.

The radio tower is not only a great landmark, it's also a nice touch that both remaining cables each point to a bombsite.

Possible name suggestion: de_anchor?

That's a very kind offer and I'd really like your references. Thank you! I followed your suggestion and the mapname is de_anchor from now on. Great fit!

Screenshots:

HuK9PNI.jpg

bombsite a with newly added bridge

XuSGxFk.jpg

extension of bombsite b

dk9rI33.jpg

new connector room with some shallow water

Some more pictures: http://imgur.com/a/x0iMj

Workshop:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=835118142

Please let me know how you like the updated version.

10 hours ago, WhatGrenadeWhere said:

Nice. Looks a bit better. You still have a hole in the ceiling in Mid. Still not sure if that is intentional. I like the arches at A. I'll take a look in game soon.

Thanks. That hole is there on purpose as it might be used for grenades and such. We'll see about that in the future.