Sign in to follow this  
D3ads

Inner Chains, Scorn, Agony, Ad Infinitum - 2017 gets weirder...

I've noticed a trend in some of the new horror games coming out this year, three titles appear to be going for a very unique style that is just rather out there next to other titles we've more used to. Inner Chains is an FPS apparently set in some medieval looking alternative dimension, Scorn is every HR Giger fan's wet dream of a videogame and Agony has you cast literally as a tortured soul navigating Hell itself...

INNER CHAINS:

SCORN:

AGONY:

I'm hyped...

On 2017-01-04 at 10:19 PM, (HP) said:

Yeah, I noticed this too! I'm more than ok with this as long as the gameplay is fun, an interesting art direction can only take you as far.

Agreed, I'm getting some 'Unity Flashlight Horror Game in The Speed Tree-forest'-vibes from these. They do look thin in terms of interaction. I'd love it if it's not a jump-scare based horror game, more focusing on atmosphere and weirdness. That and some mysterious puzzles would probably make a fantastic VR game :D

Love stuff like this especially Scorn, wonder if the game play will be any good also if you like HR Gigers work you should check out Dark seed

"Inner Chains", despite the UE4 slash, looks like a Skyrim mod, especially the area the PC wakes up in, lol. Also rolled my eyes so hard they nearly fell out of my head at "This is not a walking simulator it's a tactical shooter". Double that for "show you what humans are capable of" if that's your goal setting your game in a ~twisted dark fantasy~ world kinda undermines it! 

Agony looks really cool, though. Actually willing to cross lines, not just being edgy, and the Kickstarter demo was actually pretty decent to play.

Yeah saw it the other day, seems a dungeon crawler in terms of structure, but with horror instead of role play elements. The trailer doesn't sell it very well, to me at least