Goals for 2017?

ZZZ

This sounds super cliche, but I'm going to find myself again in 2017. After 11 years of which the last 4 were fucking horrible, I finally said goodbye to my old job. I have 18 months of salary left to figure out what I want to do with my life. I'm going to spend a lot of time with my wife and daughter, I'm going to chill with friends like it was 1999 and I'm going to play the shit out of my back catalog. I have big plans for Mapcore and Eurogamer as well. Maybe I'll even make a map :)

It feels so liberating, leaving all that crap behind me. Every morning I wake up like this:

braveheart-freedom-768x480.jpg

- Arizona (and perhaps the other one I'm remaking...but Arizona is THE ONE I would like to finish) 

- Moaar photos (means more excursions in nature <3) 

- As my daughters are growing up, take all the family more often outside of the city to visit the countryside and spend time together 

- Find the time to start and finish  all of these unplayed /paused Steam games in my catalog (and that's why I didn't bought something during the current sales even if I was tempted ^^) 

Yeah, let's start this year! :yoshi:

• Get my shitty life situation that's been going on for 16 years sorted out, hopefully.
  • Build a future by continuing the long grind (game art related), otherwise I won't have one.
  • ???
  • Continue the bodybuilding, no slacking off.
  • Replace the laptop that I have been on for the past 10 years with a proper beast.

Now, I'll go back to this post and hopefully all of these will be checked off before 2018. :)

Edited by Vorontsov

Well 2016 has been pretty good already :

• I finished a great internship, designing an innovative drone with a quite complex mechanical system. That was fun and i learned a lot, i hope it wouldn't be confidential so i could show it to you :/
  • I've been hired right after the internship and quickly gained responsibility, became the project manager of one of our project and lead the project to promising results
  • Gained a lot of expenrience while managing people, following their work and guiding them through their studies
  • I met an awesome brazilian girl, we're together for 6 months now, we even moved together quite recently :)
  • I changed from a small 1 bedroom apartement to a decent one (with seperate bedroom, kitchen, living room, 2 toilets ... :D )
  • Upgraded my PC with a GTX 1070 :-D
  • Finally managed to put some time in map making in the end of the year
  • Lost 10 Kg
  • And i survived from many bike falls ! \o/ (one being a traumatic brain injury without a loss of consciousness, scary :s )

The only big issue is that cs_opera didn't have much progress this year.

For 2017, my goal would be to keep going like this, trying to be happy as much as i can finally be and...

• Finish my current short project (this)
  • Work as much as possible on cs_opera, seriously
  • Quit my engineer job for a while and try to work in the game industry (more like in the end of 2017)
  • Learn some portuguese and visit brazil