[CS:GO][WIP] Trailerpark

OrnateBaboon

Posted a few of these in the WIP section, but did a bit more since. Managed to first pass the 3d skybox, a trailer interior, and another path. The map is still flat, and has a lot of "lines", but I will get to those later. The mesh trees are also pretty dark, so I will have to modify those at some point. I also posted another reference of things I will try and add. The hot air balloons will definitely be in since there area lot of air balloon shows in Lake Tahoe, plus they will make some good navigational markers.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

Remember the early screens!

Like has been mentioned, the underground doesn't seem to fit. Reminds me quite much of the Italian coastal map you made. Same textures/just a placeholder?

Anyway for the rest is really cool, a novel theme! I can imagine the hurdles of what tends to be a flat map, it's something that prevented me to work on a map I've been thinking of, just can't see a way to create height variation

Thank for comments guys!

Sewers - yeah they are a bit out of place! Too Italian I think and not grungy enough. Main thing was to get the shape in, and basic idea. Will fix them later on once map has been given a first pass.

RA7 - nah not breakable trailers, but I think some will have to look a bit broken so that there is some variety. Otherwise, they will look too similar. Also, thanks for reference image and Lanmaniax pimp (great to see it back!).

blackdog - yeah the flatness and the fact that trailers are low has limited what can be done. I did find some raised trailer references, but they looked kind of ridiculous in the map (see below). In the end, I have to go with things like steps - (purple trailer and the swimming pool). In the end, the map has similar heights to maps like de_st_marc and dod_flash for example.

Initially I was put off by the lack of height, so blocked out another map - de_hydro or something similar based in a dam, but made sure it had loads of height variation. However, I returned to the trailer map because I prefer the theme.

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

Think you've taken the right choice @OrnateBaboon:)

Industrial theme has been done over so many times. It's good to see something fresh.

As per height variation yeah those raised trailers look a bit silly… and wouldn't help if they have those gaps underneath.

Like Roald said, I wonder if you can manager to put some convincing natural elevation, rocks, a small hill…

Anyway, is looking good. Hope it plays as well :)

18 minutes ago, blackdog said:

Think you've taken the right choice @OrnateBaboon:)

Industrial theme has been done over so many times. It's good to see something fresh.

As per height variation yeah those raised trailers look a bit silly… and wouldn't help if they have those gaps underneath.

Like Roald said, I wonder if you can manager to put some convincing natural elevation, rocks, a small hill…

Anyway, is looking good. Hope it plays as well :)

Yep ! Reminds me the "Pawnee Trailer Park" in Watch Dogs. 

WatchDogsPawneeTrailerPark.jpg

(god it feels old now)

michel-donze-wd-trailerpark.jpg?14024882

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...