Westworld - Aka Anthony Hopkins best acting in his career!

-HP-

• 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Westworld S2E1 is out, and it's as good as I expected.

Not gonna spoil it for everyone, but I like how it feels like a continuation, yet the tone is different, it feels different, the story develops differently in your mind while they're telling it now. This show really makes you question some very deep moral questions in your mind, also interesting read: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/23/opinion/westworld-conscious-robots-morality.html?utm_source=Sam+Harris+Newsletter&utm_campaign=7003ba28a2-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_04_23&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_f1c2a2c9db-7003ba28a2-207389709&mc_cid=7003ba28a2&mc_eid=e9ca7c7a54

16 hours ago, [HP] said:

Westworld S2E1 is out, and it's as good as I expected.

Not gonna spoil it for everyone, but I like how it feels like a continuation, yet the tone is different, it feels different, the story develops differently in your mind while they're telling it now.

Feels a bit different without Anthony Hopkins, and that lead actress is not very convincing in her delivery (the blonde rancher's daughter). But overall, the story is nice and captivating, and the show fills a void in the market of good sci-fi shows.

6 hours ago, will2k said:

Feels a bit different without Anthony Hopkins, and that lead actress is not very convincing in her delivery (the blonde rancher's daughter). But overall, the story is nice and captivating, and the show fills a void in the market of good sci-fi shows.

Spoiler

10 bucks says that hopkins will come back, eventually.

16 hours ago, [HP] said:
  Reveal hidden contents

10 bucks says that hopkins will come back, eventually.

Spoiler

So, your theory is along these lines I guess:

an AI replica of Hopkins was shot in season 1 finale while the actual human is hiding in the new areas that he has been secretly terraforming without park management approval?

End game? waiting for the current park humans/hosts total destruction to rebuild his own "pure" vision from scratch without hindrance from the "suits"? blurring the lines between hosts and humans for the "ultimate" experience?

I personally lean towards that he was actually dead, but you never know :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Spoke to my gf, we might give this a try.
If not this helped me remember everything happened. Actually I remembered everything but there were a couple of details that I hadn't picked up/don't remember

Spoiler

well basically just the fact that Bernard committed suicide by programming Dolores

Funny enough, my wife can't get enough of Westworld, she's REALLY into this universe and it's possibilities, which is weird because she's usually kinda bored by sci-fi storytelling for some reason.

I'm liking S2, it really picks up around episode 3, which is good because ep1 and 2 were okayish, I really miss Hopkins. :(

The camera composition in some of the shots look absolutely stunning, so artistic and thought out.

• 1 month later...