Tisky

Im so lost right now. Need advice!

So, we have spoken and i told her alot of stuff. She said let's just be friends, and i said sure. Don't come crying when i meet someone, and she promised not to (this time). Told her i've waited over a year and i cannot keep waiting anymore. So that's it, it's over!

Feels kind of good, now i can start dating others without hoping and thinking im doing the wrong thing. I totally gotta get laid.

I hope there's going to be some kind of reversal of the situation, I only have two chapters for the plot i'm currently writing, please make a move, I already signed the contracts with the actors and can't wait too much. Please don't kill my future in the film industry i'm pretty sure I can par with Spielberg.

Man, I'd love to give you the continuation, but that would be just mean. I'm hoping it won't unfold that way.

Haha,. nothing new. Small-talk and i try not to write alot, i think i've gotten to the point where i am just sick of it all and can't find a single fuck to give. To be continued.

Edited by Tisky

Wow, a lot of familiar things in this topic. Especially as I looked up an ex a few days ago, never a good idea. In my defense, there wasn't anything bad about her. I was inexperienced with relationships and kinda freaked out, and when I "woke up" she had been wooed by someone else. I never could get my head around the fear of being hurt so I don't think I lit a fire in her. But she was really perfect in many ways, and sadly I haven't ever found someone that I have felt even half of that for. I had to stop talking to her to get over her, after being friends for a while, but in many ways I have never had a best friend like that again.

I have liked and been involved with a lot of women like those OP describe, and I guess that's why I'm over 30 and single with no kids. A lot of manipulative stuff, all girls are to a degree. All decent girls can get a boyfriend any time they feel like it, that may sound very neanderthal thing to say, but it's been true for all people I know. Most "catches" have a line of guys waiting for their relationship status to change. So a situation like the one you describe is very familiar. I know of a lot of women that have been single less than a month their entire life since they were 14, needless to say there has to be some overlap when they find a new guy there.

I also want to touch on the topic that many people gave as advice about family. I love my family, but I have never been a guy that talks to my family 4 times a week etc. I also don't share intimate details about my feelings, that's just the way I am. I feel that in many cultures there's a super strong bond to the family, but my opinion is that you should be with people that make you happy. The family doesn't always do that for everyone. In fact they may be negative and hold you back, so I just think it should never be a general rule. Be with whoever makes you feel better, if the family does, super. 

2 hours ago, biXen said:

I also want to touch on the topic that many people gave as advice about family. I love my family, but I have never been a guy that talks to my family 4 times a week etc. I also don't share intimate details about my feelings, that's just the way I am. I feel that in many cultures there's a super strong bond to the family, but my opinion is that you should be with people that make you happy. The family doesn't always do that for everyone. In fact they may be negative and hold you back, so I just think it should never be a general rule. Be with whoever makes you feel better, if the family does, super. 

Whenever I talk about family I'm referring to the people that make me happy. Those are my family, blood is overrated. In regards to talking about feelings, just listen to this wisdom. It's true, all of it:

55 minutes ago, biXen said:

:D Girls are still less of a hassle than Hammer.

Until you find the right one ;)

@biXen , yes. I can relate to the family part. Being the last remainder of my family here it is pretty lonely. We never did have a normal family that keep in touch. All in all, that is a bad factor for when you finally meet someone. Having been lonely for so long you get terrified of loosing your new found warmth. Also i am jim carrey from dumb and dumber when i am with women. Once a girl i was on a date with asked me if i wasnt freezing when we sat in her sofa. She pulled out a blanket and i thought , fuck its like a sauna in here is she crazy.

i did not realize my mistake until the very next day...

21 hours ago, Tisky said:

Also i am jim carrey from dumb and dumber when i am with women. Once a girl i was on a date with asked me if i wasnt freezing when we sat in her sofa. She pulled out a blanket and i thought , fuck its like a sauna in here is she crazy.

i did not realize my mistake until the very next day...

LOL, I can relate. I have done everything from walking right past and laughing at 3 girls with car trouble in a music festival parking lot (and I mend my own car so I could probably have done something, but I just didn't consider that this would be a good way to get to know 3 girls) to this girl who always flirted with me in school and was very physical where I suddenly like 10 years later were like. OOOOOOOH, maybe she liked me :P Thought never crossed my mind earlier and that was a girl I thought were cute and funny but never properly talked to cause I'm stupid. I like to think I have improved, but I'm not sure :D