Terri

MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 5.0

22 hours ago, Roy said:

Can ICBM get a reschedule to 13th August (Sunday)?

Yep, updated :)

*Is it possible you could upload it to the steam workshop? We are having some trouble with the fastdl server

Edited by Terri

Hey Guys I have submitted a form for a playtest . 22 Sept . I think that is Friday Night *     I  would struggle to to be able to play at any of the times in the near future due to my time zone   .  so I am asking the good people of Mapcore to accept my apologies for my being absent .   

SORRY MY BAD. I have had a goldfish moment . Please schedule for next available time .:shake:

Edited by gav

12 hours ago, Vaya said:

https://imgur.com/CNhQIjN

@csWaldodid a quick pass on A site. Mapcore playtest tonight!

Right, so I don't see a wip topic @Vaya, so will comment here on the playtest if that's ok.

Really enjoyed the map, was my first time on it, didn't get to check it more than a minute or two in the warmup and got my bearings very easily which is great.
I wish we had done a second match.

It's quite hard to judge tactics with the swarming presence there was, but I guess is a testament it can work in Casual too, which is another tick to get in an operation(?).

See the picture below for reference on what I wrote.

Mid
I feel is the weakest area of the map; I understand has already been reworked drastically from a previous iteration, but I feel is lacking "that something" from the most iconic Mids of the most played maps.
It feels very cramped on the T side, feels like a meat grinder tbh with only one access/peek, I think there should be a second high-risk-high-reward option for the attacking team.

TLDR: I find it is too short/compact, doesn't give you the physical space to create options, so I would at least push back the CT positions (about to where you access connector to A).

I wasn't bothered by the head peek for CTs (reminds me of white box in Cache) but I don't see strategic options, only a brute force way in.
I can imagine adding something on the T side to counter, for example a structure similar to stairs on Mirage-A/boost on Cache, to mirror that CT platform. Or some sort of sneaky connector that brings you up and close like Mirage's underpass, say a vent with breakable entrance, so now CTs can hear it breaking whilst setting up, and they have that extra nook where someone might be creeping in, to create some discomfort. Or maybe some sort of nook that works like secret in Nuke.

Site A
It feels a bit too easy to overwhelm and hold afterplant, I imagine smoking left and right the target, plant "default" where Ts can watch the bomb from two accesses.
It felt most of rounds were played there.

Idea one: rotate the site off the grid (and bring it to the left): now with more space on the T side seems more challenging and for CT should be a bit easier to set up. At same time the two T accesses might need repositioning a bit to face CT more.

Regardless, I think the nook at the back/right is a bit of a suicidal position. I heard being mentioned catching CT crossing and once there there's no escape. I would consider something like a safe one-way access, like vents with a drop?
While on the other side a raised/covered position, again something like stairs on Mirage-A.

As per the T side of things as they are right now, the left hand access maybe too big and dark and I would make it smaller, maybe a drop (not necessarily one way)

WZYydOR.png.a30eb4cbc7d0dd619c5f80d7011d516b.png

~

Hope it all makes sense and useful.

Edited by blackdog

Hey guys! 

Not quite sure how to do this, I hope this is the right place to ask but... I'd like to organize a playtest for de_opal, on Sunday, with who ever is available and willing to help! I would also be there myself, and record the whole thing!

Is that possible?

Thanks, Cheers!

5 hours ago, MikeGon said:

Hey guys! 

Not quite sure how to do this, I hope this is the right place to ask but... I'd like to organize a playtest for de_opal, on Sunday, with who ever is available and willing to help! I would also be there myself, and record the whole thing!

Is that possible?

Thanks, Cheers!

Go to the first page in this thread. You'll find all the info in the first post. Check the calendar to see if the date is clear and then use the other link to send your file.