Sign in to follow this  
The Horse Strangler

[CSGO] Junction

it looks nice.

edit: Alright it obviously looks amazing but technically it needs a lot of work. Some of the glitches are so ridiculously game breaking that it leaves me wondering if the map has even been play tested. I don't have the time to post all the screenshots right now but I'll do it tomorrow if no one else has done it by then. 

Edited by Wrakke

I didn't mean to sound like a dick but it's hard to praise a map where almost the entire wall in T spawn has no collisions and lets players run under the map. You guys are ridiculously talented and the map is beautiful, I'm just confused as to why it got released in such a rushed state. 

Can confirm, map does feel like it hasn't been sufficiently tested. For starters, most of the issues in this post in the WIP thread haven't been addressed. Or perhaps somebody uploaded the wrong build?

You can still disappear underneath the angled walls at T spawn, and they can be shot through which is the most game breaking bit. I would also argue that it's pretty game breaking to have a model with such terrible collisions (the shiny fountain thing) slap bang in the middle of a bombsite. If the player can't trust that their bullets aren't going to ping off an invisible wall, what's the point in playing? IIt shouldn't be difficult or expensive to make collisions for a model like that, and then you could slap a playerclip over the top if you don't want people climbing all over it.

I haven't played with any of the related console commands to look at what's being rendered, but movement in larger areas feels rather choppy or sluggish at times, so I feel there may yet be a fair amount of optimization pending.

Lovely visuals though.

Ya so apparently we did overwrite a updated version by accident. RIP. That has all the fixes to everything above. We'll be pushing that out later today. 

In the WIP thread I'll be releasing all the art and stuff, so check that out if you guys are interested in any of it.

Edited by MrTwoVideoCards

9 hours ago, text_fish said:

Can confirm, map does feel like it hasn't been sufficiently tested. For starters, most of the issues in this post in the WIP thread haven't been addressed. Or perhaps somebody uploaded the wrong build?

You can still disappear underneath the angled walls at T spawn, and they can be shot through which is the most game breaking bit. I would also argue that it's pretty game breaking to have a model with such terrible collisions (the shiny fountain thing) slap bang in the middle of a bombsite. If the player can't trust that their bullets aren't going to ping off an invisible wall, what's the point in playing? IIt shouldn't be difficult or expensive to make collisions for a model like that, and then you could slap a playerclip over the top if you don't want people climbing all over it.

I haven't played with any of the related console commands to look at what's being rendered, but movement in larger areas feels rather choppy or sluggish at times, so I feel there may yet be a fair amount of optimization pending.

Lovely visuals though.

Ive addressed all of the issues in the WIP thread, as Horse stated we dun goof'd on the version; none the less ive re-addressed them and more found by various people online. Thanks for anyone pointing out bugs though. 

Edited by holiestcows

10 hours ago, text_fish said:

I would also argue that it's pretty game breaking to have a model with such terrible collisions (the shiny fountain thing) slap bang in the middle of a bombsite. If the player can't trust that their bullets aren't going to ping off an invisible wall, what's the point in playing? IIt shouldn't be difficult or expensive to make collisions for a model like that, and then you could slap a playerclip over the top if you don't want people climbing all over it.

They did it properly, it's just an angular offset between the model and phys model

fHyyiNA.png

Good job on the release of the map, it looks great ! Really awesome

I played around the map a bit, looks nice although I'm not a big fan of the color correction ( too bright for me )

I have a couple of issues with the map:

1. Terrorist spawn is surrounded by swat teams and police vehicles, no dead bodies or bullets showing prior fire exchange, or blood.

2. Vehicles all have their lights on even if the map brightness equals 2 suns

3. Police vehicles lights strobes are turned off

4. Bombsite circles on blue tarp (imo shouldn't be used as randomly as this is a bombsite indicator in other official maps)

5. around 80 fps in gardens/outside areas (I usually have 150-250 in official maps, including nuke and inferno.

6. I understand you restricted jumping on the outside bombsite structure, but there's some weird clipping buffer that prevents from touching the structure, especially noticeable in the 4 corners.

7. In the indoor bombsite, there's a piece of equipment with motor and its door is open, Feels like you shouldn't be forced to crouch as the height is very close to allow walk-able.