Sign in to follow this  
Todes

Alps

Summer 1945
HQ has ordered us into the mountains to dispose of a overzealous officer and his troops. Nazi Germany may have surrendered but this guy won't stand down. The coward thinks he can hide in a secluded valley on the german - austrian border. Let's get rid of him once and for all!

overview.jpg

basic_layout.jpg

107380.jpg

ischinn_friesach_27854.jpg

I'm really digging this one. Haven't played it yet but just from watching the stream I have a really good feeling about it, especially the layout. Looking great so far.

maybe it was just me but the textures were broken horribly. Also, B needs some reworking. once the americans take it it's almost impossible to take it back. 

overall I think this is a really unique and cool map, altho, its easy to get lost!

Visually speaking this map has a unique character - at least from the screenshots. I haven't checked back but you said on Steam that you made the textures work.

I am looking forward to playing it, since I couldn't participate in the past play test.

Nice work so far Todes, Lovly the natural environment mixed with the small quaint buildings of the alps. Allowing not only battles with-in the homes but great firefights throughout the open hills.

Talk to you in-more-depth on Steam/discord.

This map has a proper old school dod custom feel to it, I really like the part up to B with the traditional architecture. Couple of bugs I noticed though, first is that I spawned......somewhere. Everything was grey (presumably the fog colour), and the only way out was to prone and crawl about 30m until I could finally drop down to the floor and move normally. A similar thing happened in one of the cliff areas (top left?) where there's an invisible ceiling and you can only get through by crawling. Not sure if that was meant to be clipped all the way to the floor, or not at all.

yx4fXsy.jpg

dEe28JB.jpg

2nd bug, I don't know if this is a problem with your map or a general bug that only came up when this map was playing, but the animated tree leaves were going crazy, stretching about 50ft in the wind, even worse than in this example:

VZaOZHO.jpg

Also, some of the cap zones need to be adjusted. They're generally pretty small, and some of them end halfway across a room, which is really confusing since there's no defined boundary. They should probably either fill the building, or one particular room/floor so you know where they end.

Edited by the0rthopaedicsurgeon

this treemodel is causing this bug only use another one (or chose for animation "stop")

used it too and had the same issues

the first bug should be only a missplaced fog entity

Good map bro keep on :)

Gz Modtools

20 hours ago, the0rthopaedicsurgeon said:

first is that I spawned......somewhere

Haven't noticed that but I'll check the spawns.

there's an invisible ceiling and you can only get through by crawling

This area will be cut off with the next update, i should have done that long ago really.

Also, some of the cap zones need to be adjusted.

I made some tests. For anyone who doesn't know, it's possible to make more complex capture zones by assigning more than one block to a cap zone. Seems obvious now but i didn't know.

Thanks for the feedback. Very much appreciated!

Sign in to follow this