Sign in to follow this  
Xanthi

Follow up stream and playtest of contest maps

Hey guys!

We had a lot of fun testing your maps and providing feedback on the stream last night. Thanks so much for coming out, we'll upload the video to our official YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/insurgencygame/featured

Unfortunately we weren't able to test all of your maps since there were so many (twelve!), so we've decided to host another playtest and stream on Wednesday November 9th at 5 PM EST, 11 PM CET. We will aim to play all the maps we haven't yet played.

Please notify us in this thread if you make updates to your map already on the playlist, or if you have a map not yet on the playlist that you want included. The deadline to submit a new map and map updates is November 8th at 12:00 am midnight EST. Please do not make any changes after this deadline. This is a bit of a short deadline, but we want to cover as many maps as soon as possible to give everyone enough time to make adjustments before the contest is over. We intend to only play the maps that we didn't cover in our stream yet. However, there might be a chance that players will stick around and try some of the updated levels after the stream. So we suggest you still try to update your levels in time.
To make sure your map is properly updated and submitted for this test, please take note of the following:

1. For those who already have your map on the playlist: If you want to update your maps, please do so, but make sure they have the _same file name_ as when you originally uploaded it.
2. If you do not have a map on the playlist: Please upload it to the Steam Workshop and include a link here in this thread so we can add it to the playlist. 
If you posted your link in the other thread, please post it again here for redundancy. 
We appreciate all the hard work and creativity you guys put into your maps so far and hope to see you again in our upcoming event!

To the attention of @mr_ah_clem!

Great opportunity! I can only encourage everyone who has not uploaded their level so far to do so. It's a great way to collect valuable feedback!

For just quick clarification. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/222880/discussions/3/624076851045207521/

"  but make sure they have the _same file name_ as when you originally uploaded it. "  

I'm going to continue to upload newer versions of the map up until  November 8th at 12:00 am midnight EST. Let's say I upload bure_alpha_r2_v10, and I post a link to the workshop link. As long as you update your server files things should be fine. I guess if you don't want to update your server I could just delete the current workshop file, reupload the new bure_alpha_r2_v10.bsp and post a link to that? Seems redundant right!?

@Xanthi Please clarify which process would be the easiest, Thank you :)

Edited by Andre Valera

We're using a playlist that contains the name of each map. If you rename the map the server can't find it anymore. Each time a map is renamed we have to correct the name in the playlist, so we basically have to go through each workshop item and make sure the BSP name is still the same. Unfortunately, that is not something we have time for, so to keep things clean and make sure everyone's map is still working it's better to stick to the same name and workshop link. You can just update your map in the original workshop link you provided us and keep the same BSP name. It should be the same name as the original one you uploaded. I know that updating a map with the same name sometimes causes issues on the user end. But in most cases, it works fine and it automatically updates the map for the user on steam. So in this situation it's the safest option.

So to clarify: update your map and Workshop item so it has the exact same name as the original version you uploaded.

Edited by Xanthi

@Xanthi To be safe would you mind if I deleted my current Workshop entry entirely, then uploaded a new version which would generating a new Workshop ID. This new Workshop entry would have a unique new name (bure_alpha_r2_v10.bsp for example) and if I needed to upload any updated version I would simply upload another bure_alpha_r2_v10.bsp to make sure your server / server playlist doesn't get confused.

I would also post a new link to the new Workshop entry on this thread.

If updating the workshop to the exact same name as the original version I uploaded is the only option, could you please post the name of the bsp file your server playlist is looking for?

Yesterday during the playtest there was an error trying to load the Bure map and I would hate for it to happen again!

Thanks again for all the help :)

Edited by Andre Valera

take 2 for brest. We're playing it careful and not making changes to this version before the playtest. Radar is there but doesn't show player.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=792967534

big update coming next week :)

Edited by Vaya

@poLemin Thanks for the update, but just to be clear, your map is the same item as the one currently on the playlist correct? Because if so, we won't need to take the item you linked and do anything, it should just automatically update.

2 minutes ago, Xanthi said:

@poLemin Thanks for the update, but just to be clear, your map is the same item as the one currently on the playlist correct? Because if so, we won't need to take the item you linked and do anything, it should just automatically update.

It is the exact same. Same filename, same workshop item. I just posted it again to make sure since you asked for a heads-up in the original post.

3 hours ago, Xanthi said:

I'd also like to submit again, although the Steam page and the file name did not change. Just like in poLemin's case.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=790354595

Thanks for the opportunity. Only thing I could not get out was the ladder - but it's next!

Have a nice evening

HDKHH

Mairie

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=792738054

Hi, i made a bunch of updates to the map
I hope i've fixed the bug where it crashes clients to desktop. (Sorry for crashes your stream, Xanthi) :(
Here's the update notes from the workshop page

Update: 8 Nov @ 11:32pm 

-Removed all move_rope entities on the map, in the hopes og fixing bug where client crashes to desktop.

-Worked on the interior design of the city center. Added a first floor.

-Made B capture point bigger. 

-Detailed street between the bridge and the axis radio outpost

-Added a couple of new routes for the axis to enter the middle area

-Added additional windows from broken appartment in middle, making it harder for the allies to storm in.

-Added a sun

-Lowered the wind volume from 8 to 5

+ some other stuff i can't remember.

All in all a big update. Thanks for the critique so far.

Sign in to follow this