Quotingmc

Black Mirror

Really looking forward to the new series. Seems their budget gets higher with each new series too, which only makes em better :) Lovely visuals on some of the eps.

I've watched 5 episodes of the new season. Pretty good, but I don't think it's as good as season 2 or 3. U.S.S Callister and Crocodile feel like the most polished episodes so far, and are my favorites from the season. Hang the DJ was pretty good too. Arkangel's concept was interesting but the ending happened way too quickly/abruptly. It felt like there wasn't enough build up to it maybe, I dunno.

Also, if you like Black Mirror - check out this show called "Inside No. 9".  It's another british anthology show that's really similar to Black Mirror in it's structure , but has a much different flavor/style. I love anthology shows/books because the concepts can be really weird/experimental and will never outstay their welcome. Even the "worst" episodes of Black Mirror are still engaging because they feel fresh.

It makes me think if a "horror anthology" would work as a game. Each level or chapter having it's own gameplay hook and concept/story resolving itself in a relatively short amount of time (30 min - 1hr). Game's like PT or indie horror games like "Anatomy" could fit as one "episode" of a season. Other than Stories Untold I don't feel like I've really seen it attempted in game? Do y'all know of any games going for something like this?

Edited by nikkoship

Finished all the episodes and in my opinion it is the best season yet. While I agree with @nikkoship that Arkangel ended a little too soon and Metalhead needed a tad more backstory, every episode brought something new. Even the episodes with lighter tones like USS Calister and Hang the DJ were enjoyable and the finale, Black Museum, left the series on a high. Can't with for season 5!

Just watched the last two with my other half.
I'm not sure if it's the best season, I've seen a comment this afternoon on twitter regarding the "Americanization" of the show... it was definitely more digestible than previous and easier to watch, I haven't fully watched S3 because it was just all very depressing.

What’s all this about what this writer idea was? I’m not coping to fact check it, but one episode credits an author as the screen fades to black, I would imagine it is the episode Pilkinton shared on that podcast.