Quotingmc

Black Mirror

Just started watching the new season, anyone else been watching?

If the first few episodes are anything to go by this is gonna be another great season.

Edit: Nice little Easter egg, the link www.maploc.uk/99876 featured in episode 3 actually redirects you to the show's Netflix page

Edited by Quotingmc

How have I not heard of this show? Just watched season 1 episode 1 and 2 and was really impressed, especially liked episode 2. It's a bit weird and almost nihilistic in it's stories but I think I'm into that sort of thing. Definitely found my new favorite show.

It's quite "old" I believe(?), I remember friends telling me how good it is, had it in my list but still haven't got around to it.

Now that is on Netflix with a new season, I will give it a try. Thing is to watch this kind of thing you also have to be in there mood.

Funny, I started watching this past week and I was questing the same thing, how is everyone not talking about this show like a Westworld or a Game of Thornes, this is really good. Matter of fact, everything Netflix puts out is of top notch quality.

Yeah, after watching more I recommend this to anyone with any interest or investment in technology. So many of the episodes are filled with interesting theories and thought experiments about things that somewhat exist, or at least the idea of them exists today (although they are turned up to eleven for the show.) It's just really smart fiction.

I'd say if you're going to watch anything from the series - Season 1 episode 2 was one of the most genuinely creative and thought provoking episodes of TV I've watched in a really long time.

There's some incredible acting too, this scene from season 1 really stuck with me.

Spoiler

21 hours ago, (HP) said:

Funny, I started watching this past week and I was questing the same thing, how is everyone not talking about this show like a Westworld or a Game of Thornes, this is really good. Matter of fact, everything Netflix puts out is of top notch quality.

Because it doesn't have mass appeal and doesn't placate people. It forces people to ask questions about technology and everyday things. It's not positive and might even have depressive undertones with the choice of themes. People want to relax when they watch series, this hits too close to home to be a relaxing show.

I just finished watching this season. Is it just me that thought of Nicolas Cage during the last episode?

Spoiler

Edited by Radu

How you guys finding it so far? Watched 4 so far and I'm really enjoying this new series. Gonna watch the other 2 over the next couple of nights. Can't wait!

Spoiler

EP 1 - I thought this one was fascinating. Beautifully shot, and with a real message that resonates even now. Social media takes over so much of our lives these days, so it's fascinating to think about how it could evolve in the future.

EP 2 - I thought this was really mediocre. Wasn't very believable, but maybe that's because we know how games companies work! Just felt it didn't really go anywhere and the characters didn't really grip me.

EP 3 - This one was awesome! Great performances by Bronn and the main kid, with a really interesting twist at the end. Very intriguing idea for a story.

EP 4 - Wow, this one really came out of nowhere. Completely different to the rest and it's really refreshing to see an interesting vision of the future that isn't as horrific as Charlie Brooker's other stories tend to be! This was actually a really interesting application of technology in the future. After losing both my grandads this year, this episode really touched me. Beautifully shot, beautiful score, and brilliant performances by the main actors. My favourite so far.