Sign in to follow this  
Mazy

Red Dead Redemption 2

On ‎11‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 8:57 PM, [HP] said:

Interesting, might try that myself!

I love that the game is slow, I was not expecting this at all. it really helps immersing yourself, and when action does pick up, it becomes really meaningful.

I stopped playing with the radar off by the way, the game just doesn't properly accommodate for it. There's not enough direction given to the player to be able to tell where to go without it, and I got frustrated with going down the wrong paths at crossroads before the NPC with me would say "are you sure this is the right way?" and I'd have to turn around (which takes ages in a carriage). Also they constantly ask you to get behind "the rock" or "go to the vantage point" and there's literally no way to tell which rock or pillar you're supposed to hide behind without the map active. The game is just too rigidly scripted to make this more immersive than frustrating unfortunately. 

8 hours ago, PaulH said:

I stopped playing with the radar off by the way, the game just doesn't properly accommodate for it. There's not enough direction given to the player to be able to tell where to go without it, and I got frustrated with going down the wrong paths at crossroads before the NPC with me would say "are you sure this is the right way?" and I'd have to turn around (which takes ages in a carriage). Also they constantly ask you to get behind "the rock" or "go to the vantage point" and there's literally no way to tell which rock or pillar you're supposed to hide behind without the map active. The game is just too rigidly scripted to make this more immersive than frustrating unfortunately. 

Yeah, I reverted to use the compass. It shows you the general way to go with an arrow, so I stick with that. Every now and again I need to tap d-pad down to check for more details, so that's working out pretty well to me.

Spoiler

Just did the mission where Sean gets shot in the head, and they kidnap the camp's kid. Things are heating up.

On 11/27/2018 at 2:00 PM, PogoP said:

Anyone played any more of this? I sold it on Ebay after a week... I was just really bored. Well, bored isn't really the word.. I was doing a lot of hunting which was quite good fun but I just didn't care about the story. Maybe I'm just not that into Westerns or something? Not really sure, but it just didn't click for me.

Looks beautifully realistic. Probably one of the most realistic games I've ever seen. But I don't think I really enjoy 'cinematic' games these days. I was the same with Uncharted. I think a lot of people are getting enjoyment out of the story and the characters and their progression, but I just had no interest in them. I think if I'd played this a few years ago, I'd have really enjoyed it, but I can't really justify the time sink now.

I don't know, might be because i have no life and too much time to play but i loved the story and the slow pace. First game in a long time where i enjoyed doing the side missions too! Arthur is a pretty boring character in the beginning imho, but once you get closer to finishing the game i felt he was one of the best game characters of all time (for me). For various reasons (spoilers).

Just created my character on Online, haven't given it a go yet but hopefully it will be fun too :)