Sign in to follow this  

Looks good but the last picture confuses me. What is this contemporary architecture doing in a small town in Crete? 

WHAT.png

2 hours ago, the0rthopaedicsurgeon said:

The door prop? It's meant to be a brown door, but a lot of props keep showing up with a white/silvery tint over them which is why it looks like a modern door. This is my reference for that building: http://i.imgur.com/IDKQ2gh.jpg

I was more confused as to why there is a door on the upper floor without any stairs, but yeah, that works too.

On 16/10/2016 at 1:45 AM, Wrakke said:

I was more confused as to why there is a door on the upper floor without any stairs, but yeah, that works too.

Doors opening in the void are actually a thing when buildings are renewed our damaged, I was training in one of ours field centres this week and noticed there was a door just like that. They must have removed a wing of the building… there one in the map would probably be "sold" a bit better if there was sign of damage that suggested the building was hit by a bomb.

~

Anyway, can't wait to see this map completed 😎

I think in this case there used to be a balcony there. I've got quite a few references of buildings with doors leading to nothing so maybe it's a common thing over there. Here's another photo of the same kind of thing. I think in the context of the map it makes slightly more sense - there's not actually any battle damage at all in the map, but there are a lot of old crumbling or already ruined buildings. I'm not decided yet whether or not to add bombing damage, the island was bombed beforehand but I like the picturesque look it has now, so I might concentrate it on the airfield/military objectives.

Sign in to follow this