Ardennes - All Modes

Currently forming 2 Different layouts as I am not sure how either play out as of yet.

Important artillery locations have been found by the US forces. It's their task to attack the locations and take them.

Note:

- The map has no cubemaps OR Trees / bushes etc for cover. Only important locations have been added so far.

- Orange in the middle is a frozen river. Texture is still in the making but here is a preview:

Spoiler

WIP Textures:

Xjw1tP5.jpgNOXFK5t.jpgfrZd8pu.jpg3Dbk42l.jpgPe03HIJ.jpg

Currently using Placeholder Assets (Bastogne Church)

Spoiler

fm7uFL3.jpg

H6Ccmjy.jpg

UkpaSGT.jpg

NMBktLG.jpg

9eCbDOx.jpg

Edited by ZeLzStorm

Great work so far!

You've really added that gritty, realistic feel across the board. I really like the back story feel to some of these locations. The feeling of people living out their day-to-day lives here, before the war began.

The overall POI's appear to have full access which i really like, allowing for great objective buildings as-well as interesting 'breach and clear' type fights.

I would keep in-mind optimization before you continue too much. Maybe possible cliff faces that split up the battle grounds alittle here and there. However i know your well experienced in Hammer creations, so i'm sure you'll work something ideal out. I would love too see the open areas kept when possible, this i believe works better for DOI and the overall feeling of battle anywhere.

Keep it up! - Daruth505

[msg me on steam if you need more indepth info about my opinions]

14 hours ago, ZeLzStorm said:

Cancelled due to overwhelming university work / other projects. Maybe next time eh

oh sad. Finish it later at least. Your insurgency map "convoy" was great.

Edited by kunalht

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies