Sign in to follow this  
Sosa

Normandy - Liberation (MoHAA TheHunt Inspired)

That is good. If only the street is like MOHAA, i'm pretty sure there will be no problem against regulations. This is definately one of the best looking maps on this board. Cheers.

Edited by MeisterYoon

@SOSA would you mind sharing your light_environment brightness and ambient values? The screenshots look great and is pretty much the feel I am trying to get in my level, but yours somehow looks a lot crisper.

15 hours ago, Sosa said:

dayofinfamy 2016-11-28 14-08-56-34.jpg

That's some very promising pictures you got there, I would suggest though to decrease the scale of the wall textures in the picture above, because they make everything else appear tiny. And while I'm nagging about the kitchen, I don't think it's generally a good idea to have wallpaper around the stove, because when you're cooking the evaporating water gets stuck on it and makes it moldy over time. That mold might then make it into the stone and before you notice you get sick and die because medicine wasn't as developed back then. Your children then are struck with the burden of paying for your funeral and renovating the walls around the kitchen because the mold has spread all around. They might even have to take a loan from a loan shark, which could lead to them being sold off as slaves because they couldn't pay off their debt.

Ah, and the floor is a bit too clean, might want to add some decals there when finalizing your map.

Here's your feedback as promised.

Normandy is visually a strong map but can use some improvements on the gameplay side. Liberation is using four objectives I noticed. It's better to make it three, to make sure it's compatible with our standard gamerules and to keep it consistent for the players.
US Army start spawn could use some adjustments, Wehrmacht could easily spawn camp and target reinforcements from the US Army side. As a suggestion, I think it would be best to move objective A a bit further from the US Army spawn. Objective D was a bit difficult to capture, I think this is caused by the objective being on a higher ground. To make it more balanced you might want to consider adding a counter building with a direct line of sight to the second floor of the objective building. Overall the map was a lot of fun and especially the church area felt great in testing.
If you can find the time I highly recommend to add support for the Offensive gamemode. I think it could be a fun map for this mode.

Looking forward to the final version of your level. Keep up the great work!

Sign in to follow this