Sign in to follow this  
kunalht

Ramelle (Offensive)

So I spent many days just to decide the theme and location.Let's hope I can finish it.

This will be my first actual (and big) map in hammer editor so I dont know many things about hammer which I'll be learning as well. I've played insurgency a lot and the offensive game mode is same as PUSH game mode in insurgency.

Theme

The map is set in normandy in river merderet. Ramelle is a name from movie "Saving private ryan" where the last fight was based on. It is a fictional village.

Design

There'll be a river as shown in movie. Objective C will be on the river based on movie howerver all the other objectives and area are not from movie. 

Screenshot (260).png

Screenshot (262).png

Progress

So far I've just designed the map in paper and few things inside the editor.

Screenshot (309).png

Should I keep the name ? Would there be any copyright issued if its based on movie?

And Is there any good source/website where I can find reference of houses in normandy in WW2?

Nice idea, you can do it ! I recommend doing a heavy search on the cities around normandy since they follow almost the same architecture of that area in France.

I've searched a little and found some pics that can help you have a general idea:

Soldiers-english-coast.jpg

mappromo_4.jpg

this is a mod for Arma2: http://www.moddb.com/mods/invasion-19441/images

ramelle_06.jpg

This one also follow the same name of your map, so I think it's not a problem at all. http://forgottenhope.warumdarum.de/fh2_maps.php?map=30

Keep up and good luck !

Hey, that's cool! Ramelle/Merderet was my first finished map ever, for a Call of Duty 1 mod.

I added an additional railroad bridge back then because the single bridge in the center was too open and almost impossible to pass choke point.

BMJ2ht4.jpg

snH2raj.jpg

2 hours ago, Steppenwolf said:

Hey, that's cool! Ramelle/Merderet was my first finished map ever, for a Call of Duty 1 mod.

I added an additional railroad bridge back then because the single bridge in the center was too open and almost impossible to pass choke point.

Yeah good idea. I'm thinking to add something like walk way in river so they can pass(2nd way) and maybe will block the area inside water. Like this:

Bridge-built-with-recycled-pallets2.jpg

For objective A it'll be a big house or church after very big open area(ground). 

On 30/9/2016 at 4:27 PM, Steppenwolf said:

There was one in the movie/set too :)

Here's some help of the actual movie set (if you haven't found this yourself)

ramelle-neuville.gif

Edited by Kosire

10 hours ago, Kosire said:

There was one in the movie/set too :)

Here's some help of the actual movie set (if you haven't found this yourself)

Thanks a lot. 

Sign in to follow this