Sprony

Day of Infamy Mapping Contest WIP Thread

I'm in a similar situation, I have two rivers that I may just player clip you from entering until there's a decent system for swimming. The small creek through the middle of my map I just player clipped at a decent height so you don't lay down under water.

I was experimenting with different ideas.

• To kill the player when they enter the water (feels super punishing)
  • To clip off the edges so players can't enter the water at all (feels very restricting)
  • To have a push trigger shoving the player down-stream where they can exit the river again (can be abused by one team to reach the other side very quickly and "rush" the enemy)

In the end I decided to have the water at waist height like they did it in the official maps. Which restricts movement softly, as player characters are slowed down significantly in the water, rendering themselves very vunerable. Even if it lacks realism (rivers this large should be deeper with current), I value gameplay more in this case.

This is gonna be quite the task, but I'm gonna love every minute of it. What do you guys think of having a return from the game mode Base Assault? Granted we may not have vehicles at our disposal, the AT weaponry could be used for other accurate purposes. I loved the gamemode to death back in 2005~ and want to bring it back, and I think I finally caught a glimpse of a chance with Day of Infamy.

7cd308358e.png

Edit: Yes that's Graydient, somehow still working!

Edited by ExplosiveDeer

still working on displacements and thinking about using elevation of roads for cover in between hedgerows and small fields w/ haystacks and barns. wanna mix in some long range with more close fighting between the hedges. figured a silo would be a good counter to the church tower. i want the main focal point of the map to be dead man's corner and have that house be the center cap point.

a ways to go yet

20161003040320_1.jpg

20161003040434_1.jpg