Day of Infamy Mapping Contest Discussion

Sprony

What are the mechanics around the radio objectives? In all the time I've spent playing this game I've never actually seen one, except once on the defending team, and I have no idea how it's even captured.

Are respawns disabled for the defending team while it's active? I'm not sure if I need a spawn point further back behind the radio once it's active or if surviving players already spawned on it just have to stay alive.

16 hours ago, the0rthopaedicsurgeon said:

What are the mechanics around the radio objectives? In all the time I've spent playing this game I've never actually seen one, except once on the defending team, and I have no idea how it's even captured.

Are respawns disabled for the defending team while it's active? I'm not sure if I need a spawn point further back behind the radio once it's active or if surviving players already spawned on it just have to stay alive.

When the attacking team captures the last objective (usually C), the defending team's waves are reset to 0. Then the attacking team wins if they can either destroy the radio or eliminate all remaining ennemies.

I have a question as well: does DoI support 3-way blend materials?

Also, since a week or so I've had a bunch of models showing like an Error in Hammer (they get deleted during compile). They worked fine before. Have they been removed from the game or is something wrong on my end? They're still listed inside the model browser though.

r3PnJ5i.jpg

16 hours ago, the0rthopaedicsurgeon said:

was playing bastogne last night as defenders and died at 0 waves before germans captured C. we all respawned one last time still w/ 0 waves to defend radio

8 hours ago, Squad said:

Also, since a week or so I've had a bunch of models showing like an Error in Hammer (they get deleted during compile). They worked fine before. Have they been removed from the game or is something wrong on my end? They're still listed inside the model browser though.

r3PnJ5i.jpg

I think there is something wrong on your end because they work fine for me. We definitely didn't remove them.

Your other question. 3 and 4 way blend materials should work in DOI. 

On 10/13/2016 at 5:39 PM, the0rthopaedicsurgeon said:

How are people testing their maps? There's only ever 2 or 3 populated servers as it is, and I only have 2 other friends who own the game.

In the live stream they said that content from Insurgency is fine. They also said you could use any content from other Valve games, but someone clarified in the comments that Valve only gave NWI permission to do so and anything else would have to be cleared through them. People have been swapping content between Valve games for years though so even if it was a problem, you could just replace anything if your map got into the game.

Who clarified that? Someone from NWI, or just some random person? 

If it wasn't someone from NWI, then could we perhaps get someone from NWI to state whether or not we can use assets from Valve games? 

Might be an legal issue (correct me if I'm wrong here) if one were to win money from a level that uses assets from Valve games, and it wasn't approved by Valve.

1 hour ago, CommodusPvP said:

If it wasn't someone from NWI, then could we perhaps get someone from NWI to state whether or not we can use assets from Valve games? 

Might be an legal issue (correct me if I'm wrong here) if one were to win money from a level that uses assets from Valve games, and it wasn't approved by Valve.

I believe it was @Jonny Phive from NWI who said that.

And thanks for the answers @Xanthi:)

Hi there.. I havent a thread of my entry for the contest(will make 1 asap :) )

I have a question about the sounds for the soundscapes in the textfile.

How do you have to point out the paths to the CSGO and DOD sounds in the soundscapes_mapname.txt file? Or isnt this working this way?

Well the stakes for me have truly been raised tonight.

My monitor has had some major fuck up inside itself and it short circuited, tripping the power in the house entirely. I got the power back on to find the monitor is dead, complete rip. tried the regular troubleshooting stuff and it still lies dead. Meaning I've had to dig for a new monitor to work with for a bit, given I've not had to upgrade my old monitor for a long fucking time. All I have left is this very old monitor that was made back when HD was first catching on. The stand for this monitor is missing so I've had to balance it against the wall, and it barely manages 720p

I'll have to stop by a friend of mine tomorrow, he has a ton of old computers salvaged here and there, surely one monitor is there that I can buy from him to tide me over.

Here's a image

CvpspnhWEAQ1OD0.jpg:large

Edited by Bastion

On 22-10-2016 at 0:30 PM, CommodusPvP said:

You can use assets from Valve games, we have a license for their assets and they can be used in maps that are created for Day of Infamy.

On 24-10-2016 at 9:31 PM, JakHalz said:

Hi there.. I havent a thread of my entry for the contest(will make 1 asap :) )

I have a question about the sounds for the soundscapes in the textfile.

How do you have to point out the paths to the CSGO and DOD sounds in the soundscapes_mapname.txt file? Or isnt this working this way?

We're not using any soundscapes from CSGO and DOD, they're not included in DOI.
However, if you want to use them. You have to extract the files yourself from CSGO and DOD and pack them in your BSP.

@Bastion That's some true dedication man. I hope you can find a better monitor :)

Edited by Xanthi

off topic:  (I'm new to hammer)

So I moved assets(materials and models) from insurgency and csgo by GCFscape(extracting vpk files and moving them to /doi/custom folder) . Now at the time of uploading my map do I have to do any additional thing ? Do I have to pack that models and materials? If yes then how can I do this? If someone can provide link/guide for packing stuff it would be great.

5 minutes ago, kunalht said:

off topic:  (I'm new to hammer)

So I moved assets(materials and models) from insurgency and csgo by GCFscape(extracting vpk files and moving them to /doi/custom folder) . Now at the time of uploading my map do I have to do any additional thing ? Do I have to pack that models and materials? If yes then how can I do this? If someone can provide link/guide for packing stuff it would be great.

You need to pack any additional content that doesn't come with DoI by default. You can use Pakrat to do this.

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies