Day of Infamy Mapping Contest Discussion

Sprony

Looking forward to playing whichever one(s) of these makes it into the game, had a lot of fun testing them and they're a nice change from the default rotation.

One suggestion I do have is that from what I've seen, custom maps get almost no play-time. Dod was great for the huge number of customs and this kind of game could be the same. I think it's partly due to any custom maps being in their own separate sever browser - they'd get more visibility if the default server browser included customs with a check box for official maps only defaulted to off.

@the0rthopaedicsurgeon I think the relatively low number of people also plays a part in that. Whenever I'm online, the number of people that are in-game never exceeds 200. Most of these people want to play official levels that have been tested and refined. Though, your suggestion is good.

Edited by Radu

• MapCore on Discord

• Our picks

• Mapcore X Prodeus Winners Announced!
      The winners of Mapcore X2 Prodeus 
      1st place: Paws [ Retail Therapy ]
      P-link: m-MC0iuUs2j6

- $1,500.00 USD 
      - One year of Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Shotgun and Gauntlets (skins)
      - Biker Gloves (skin) 
      - Special winners role on the Prodeus Discord

2nd Place: Grays [ Firebase Kodai ]
      P-link: m-5J9cCzaepH

- $1000.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Excalibur Gauntlets + Biker Gloves (skins) 

3rd Place: Vladd [ Maximum Menace ]
      P-link: m-9yZfaAliyx

- $500.00 USD 
      - 1 month to Humble Choice 
      - Biker Gloves (skin)

All of the winners will also be showcased on our Youtube channel, and because we had so many amazing entries, we’ll be showcasing parts of our Staff Picks too. 

We want to thank the wonderful folks over at Mapcore for hosting this sick competition, and a big ol shoutout to our sponsor Humble Games (who publish Prodeus), for making a large contribution to our prize pool this time around. 

Looking forward to the next competition already! Maybe will do a coop one with teams allowed? WHO KNOW!? Can't wait, see you then!

• 2 replies