Sprony

Day of Infamy Mapping Contest Discussion

Looking forward to playing whichever one(s) of these makes it into the game, had a lot of fun testing them and they're a nice change from the default rotation.

One suggestion I do have is that from what I've seen, custom maps get almost no play-time. Dod was great for the huge number of customs and this kind of game could be the same. I think it's partly due to any custom maps being in their own separate sever browser - they'd get more visibility if the default server browser included customs with a check box for official maps only defaulted to off.

@the0rthopaedicsurgeon I think the relatively low number of people also plays a part in that. Whenever I'm online, the number of people that are in-game never exceeds 200. Most of these people want to play official levels that have been tested and refined. Though, your suggestion is good.

Edited by Radu

congrats on the top5.

one question will only the top 5 get implemented into the game or also the top 10 ?

have a nice weekend

Gz Modtools

2 hours ago, modtools said:

congrats on the top5.

one question will only the top 5 get implemented into the game or also the top 10 ?

have a nice weekend

Gz Modtools

Only the winning entry will get shipped with the game from what I've understood.

They did say during the stream when this was asked that they will consider adding more than one of the entries. They also said that those outside the top 5 can keep working on them and if they're good enough, they might add them to the game too. More official maps and variety can only be a good thing.