Sprony

Day of Infamy Mapping Contest Discussion

I've modelled the windows for the church in my map since the 2d ones didn't look too good, but is there any way of making different surfaces for bullet holes? I can't really make a concave collision mesh for them since they're too complex, but is there a VMT parameter or a way of using a mask so I can glass bullet holes on the windows but not the frame?

This is the actual model (there's a lod to a 2d plane, so they're really cheap outside close range), to show why a fitting collision mesh wouldn't really work:

f0bzbI7.jpg

Also, loads of content copied from CSGO has purple and black reflections, with or without bumpmaps. I've checked the VMTs and there are no missing textures/spec maps etc, so I don't know what's causing this, but it happens on loads of textures and props.

Edited by the0rthopaedicsurgeon

4 hours ago, the0rthopaedicsurgeon said:

I've modelled the windows for the church in my map since the 2d ones didn't look too good, but is there any way of making different surfaces for bullet holes? I can't really make a concave collision mesh for them since they're too complex, but is there a VMT parameter or a way of using a mask so I can glass bullet holes on the windows but not the frame?

This is the actual model (there's a lod to a 2d plane, so they're really cheap outside close range), to show why a fitting collision mesh wouldn't really work

Also, loads of content copied from CSGO has purple and black reflections, with or without bumpmaps. I've checked the VMTs and there are no missing textures/spec maps etc, so I don't know what's causing this, but it happens on loads of textures and props.

I have the same issue with the purple and black / checkered textures -- as of now my plan is to replace them all at the last minute before submitting. If anyone has a solution it would be much appreciated.

The purple and black checkered textures on csgo props should be fixed in our next patch.

@Lizard env_wind should work in Day of Infamy. Though env_wind can be a bit buggy sometimes, when switching from one map to another.

7 minutes ago, Xanthi said:

The purple and black checkered textures on csgo props should be fixed in our next patch.

@Lizard env_wind should work in Day of Infamy. Though env_wind can be a bit buggy sometimes, when switching from one map to another.

I noticed that some of our custom trees are not acting with wind. Is this possible to be a model issue?

38 minutes ago, Xanthi said:

Does this need fixing or will it be considered in judging? I'm pretty sure it's because those props are using a CSGO env_map called "metal_railing_cube" which isn't in DOI, and which seems corrupt if I try to export from CSGO. I was going to include edited VMTs with my map but don't want to cause file conflicts if it can be left as-is.

31 minutes ago, Lizard said:

I noticed that some of our custom trees are not acting with wind. Is this possible to be a model issue?

Don't think it's a model issue. Most likely something in the vmt. Swaying effect is shader based

29 minutes ago, the0rthopaedicsurgeon said:

Does this need fixing or will it be considered in judging? I'm pretty sure it's because those props are using a CSGO env_map called "metal_railing_cube" which isn't in DOI, and which seems corrupt if I try to export from CSGO. I was going to include edited VMTs with my map but don't want to cause file conflicts if it can be left as-is.

Can be left as is, we added that vmt on our end and all the other cubemap materials from csgo. 

For anyone using the sdk_liberation.vmf as reference for setting up liberation on their own maps. We found a small issue with it. Apparently, the ins_spawnpoints team Number (int) was set to Insurgents, this should be set to security (see image). Security = Americans/Commonwealth and Insurgents = Wehrmacht. Thanks @Vaya for messaging me.

sdk_liberation.png

one thing i wanna ask at the deadline date.

I hope it isnt inappropriate, but when will the judging process be finished

and when and how will we get inforrmations who has won something

and which maps can get in the game (even if they did not win the contest).

Thank you very much for your answer in advance.

Gz Modtools

Edited by modtools