Roald

[WIP] cs_beatz

Hey guys,

I've decided to make a hostage rescue map for once. 

I don't know the real mapping rules for a good gameplay like on a defusal map.

Tho I think the layout of the map is pretty solid.

I have made a interieur map which is a nightclub.

The map contains 3 main paths for CT to enter the building and 2 vent entrances through the roof. 

The midle of the map (dance floor) is pretty open and contains a few windows, I am wondering how this more open layout will work. I am afraid it may be too open right now, so it's impossible for CT's to first of all use the midle path and secondly get away with the hostage. What do u guys think?

There aint no real details yet, only on the hostage rooms to provide some nice gameplay on there. 

20160909181337_1.jpg

EDIT: removed some picture

Edited by Roald

Tried to texture the map a litle bit, not really my strength 

Oh and what u think of the glass floor? too weird or? (4th and last screen)

20160911220434_1.jpg

20160911220444_1.jpg

20160911220454_1.jpg

20160911220525_1.jpg

20160911220536_1.jpg

20160911220545_1.jpg

20160911220600_1.jpg

Edited by Roald

He has the freedom to do it, I doubt it was an intentional plan to create some sort of controversy. Often you think of themes that are cool or aren't done often in your mind, and you just roll with it. Just look at every video game that has at a bar or a nightclub, what's the big deal?

24 minutes ago, baem123 said:

you really want to make a hostage map at a nightclub called pulse???
dont do this!

i would delete this if i would be the admin before any US newspaper finds this.

I see nothing wrong with this. I think self-censoring yourself in fear of dissenting opinions is really weak.

18 minutes ago, Vorontsov said:

I think self-censoring yourself in fear of dissenting opinions is really weak.

what the hell are you talking about??

what would I think about this map if my friend/son/brother/sister died at the PULSE nightclub?
someone finds it funny to replay the death of my son and his friends in a computer game called cs? I would have a dissenting opinion for sure!

it is not weak to censor yourself in this case. you could hurt someones feelings.

I think there's a difference between censorship and editorializing. Lets say Ive made a map where the textures make it really hard for colorblind people to navigate. I can choose to change it to make it more inclusive since its no big deal to do (editorializing - like we do with every decision in design to make things better/smoother) or I can choose to keep the textures because its a really big deal to me as an artist to have that look. It simply becomes a cost/benefit decision at the end of the day. Maybe Roald didn't consider it might be hurtful or controversial (Pulse is a pretty generic sounding nightclub name) so its no big deal to change it - I wouldn't call that censorship unless he really want it to be called Pulse but feels pressured to change it.

My point is: don't stubbornly hold on to something that you initially thought of being benign because your scared to be "self-censoring".

32 minutes ago, Vaya said:

this thread kinda showcases the reason not to make a map controversial - no one's talking about the actual content

is this really the problem here? everybody would discuss the design of this "beautiful" map if it would be called cs_drink? i dont think so.

the problem is not that there is no discussion about the "content"; the problem i see is that somebody wants to show his map of the PULSE shooting, mapcore gives him a stage and most users defend this map.

14 hours ago, Bevielis said:

This is a development forum dedicated to the discussion on the content posted, not the reaction that the content may cause.

im allowed to discuss everything about a posted content except the reaction it may cause? where can i find that rule? maybe there is no such rule and im allowed to write my opinion.

It ultimately doesn't matter what problem you see with the map, because it's your own personal opinion

it doesnt matter what anybody says about anything if its his personal opinion?

and you don't get to control other people's way of thought regardless of your sensitive nature.

i never wanted to control other peoples way of thought and its not bad to be sensitive.

If you find the fact that any user is allowed to post his work on this forum and have his own personal opinion that may differ from yours immoral - you are free to leave.

i didnt say anything like this but you imply that. dont discredit me, i dont have to leave.

If you choose to stay you should to apologise to Roald for derailing the discussion and denying him from getting any feedback, effectively turning his thread into a political discussion.

i made the first comment here that had to do with the map while this thread was open since friday. thats not a derailing of a discussion. in fact you answered my post which made it a discussion. i didnt deny you or anybody else to post other feedback. i dont need to apologise.

Edited by baem123

To begin with, I would argue against selecting a theme that is associated with a very recent terrorist action, especially one which falls in the "rampage shooting" category.

Furthermore, sharing a location name with a recent and horrific terror attack is, in all honestly, a bit tasteless. Counter-Strike is, in a way, a game about terrorism but at the same time, it's not. It's a shooter with two teams that uses counter-terrorism operations as a "skin" to ground it in reality. All the levels in the game are relatively nondescript and don't reference any real world scenarios. The terror organisation the game has expanded upon the most, the Phoenix Connection, is purely fictional. All kill:able characters in the game are combatants and the "bombings" in the game are directed at material targets.