[CS:GO] DE_Breach - Released!

Puddy

Hi all!

As you all know, Valve overhauled the CS game mode (hostage rescue) to try and make it more competitively viable, which was really cool to see. This has inspired me and Yanzl and after a lot of back and forth we have finally decided to make this version of the level into an Escape level instead, changing some rules and tweaking the game mode to make it more viable. We feel that the DE_ map pool is saturated enough already and that players would enjoy this new direction way more.

The story will be that terrorists have just finished tampering with, sabotaging or otherwise stealing info from the server room (where they spawn) and need to escape in one of three locations. This gives the map a fresh take as the layout is effectively rotated 90 degrees, creating new choke points and combat areas. We will be playtesting this shortly, stay tuned!

RFuGmYn.jpg

Unfortunately read the fool's post first, otherwise would have been very believable… was expecting the link to redirect to an April fool's CS blog post tho!

That being said, the game mode sounds very fun! I would dig playing something… and I would imagine it's still possible to create such maps? I understand CSGO supports custom modes, and I've seen just couple days ago 3kiksphilip promoting a domination map of his.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...