VIOLATION

[CS:GO][WIP] Tel Aviv

Hey!

Sorry to post it here, I was working all day on those models and now I started a Matchmaking game and after about 6 rounds, the game disconects me and I get a VAC error Oo
Something is blocking VAC on my computer ...
It redirects me on this page :
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ILZV-2837
They tell me to remove all custom textures and skins ....

I have been changing the mdl and vtf files all day and I'm on windows 8 (the worst one)

Did you guys had anything similar?

I'm affraid I don't want to lose my account, I just make maps and models, I don't even play the game that much...

Edited by tchick
words

28 minutes ago, tchick said:

Hey!

Sorry to post it here, I was working all day on those models and now I started a Matchmaking game and after about 6 rounds, the game disconects me and I get a VAC error Oo
Something is blocking VAC on my computer ...
It redirects me on this page :
https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2117-ILZV-2837
They tell me to remove all custom textures and skins ....

I have been changing the mdl and vtf files all day and I'm on windows 8 (the worst one)

Did you guys had anything similar?

I'm affraid I don't want to lose my account, I just make maps and models, I don't even play the game that much...

That's a common issue and has nothing to do with your custom content, unless they are directly modifying the official game files. You won't lose your account, it has happened to pros, at lans. The underlying issue can be one of very many, so it's hard to troubleshoot. When I had the error it was due to my antivirus not liking VAC.

16 minutes ago, grapen said:

That's a common issue and has nothing to do with your custom content, unless they are directly modifying the official game files. You won't lose your account, it has happened to pros, at lans. The underlying issue can be one of very many, so it's hard to troubleshoot. When I had the error it was due to my antivirus not liking VAC.

Oh ok thank you for your answer...

I did reconnect to a MM match ... I hope I wont be kicked again :(

8 minutes ago, tchick said:

Oh ok thank you for your answer...

I did reconnect to a MM match ... I hope I wont be kicked again :(

You should probably just try to play Valve DM to see if the error persists, before going into MM again :)

24 minutes ago, grapen said:

You should probably just try to play Valve DM to see if the error persists, before going into MM again :)

Did it, seemed ok, and then MM and it works too! Thank you :)

Hello !
I need help for the rendering of a model :

Here on the first screenshot you can see a pile of plastic bottles and a cage,20170107160154_1.jpg

But when they are combined in one, the cage feels the need to cast some weird shadows on the bottles.
20170107160203_1.jpg

I mean look at the direction of the sun light ! There is no need to cast a black shadow....

It looks pretty cool in the model viewer :
modelsprops_israelrecyclecage.mdl.jpg

Is the game considering the cage as a "closed box" ?
Does it have something to do with the compiling parameters of Hammer?
(I use Full compile - HDR only, I'm not good at those things, I just know that if I run it as Default I get black models)

The model is composed of 3 .vtf:
one for the texture of the cage(1024)
one for te bottles(512)
and one for the fence (512) with alpha and the following parameters :

$alphatest 1
$allowalphatocoverage 1
$alphatestreference 0.4
$nodecal 1
$surfaceprop chainlink
$nocull 1

(I tried $translucent instead of alpha test don't see the difference, the valve wiki says alphatest is a cooler translucent)

I'm using Wallworm to export the model.

I tried to separated it in 3 models cage / bottles / fence but with no success, when they are gathered in one, the ghost shadows appear.

Is there a way to tell the game "hey look, there is a freakin hole in the model, see?! I can put my arm through it!!"

Thank you very much in advance! <3

Edited by tchick
words