VIOLATION

[CS:GO][WIP] Tel Aviv

I like the screens :), I think a very dense urban environment like this will look nice in csgo, you guys got an overview to show off too?

And please @Quotingmc can you see this through right to the end this time, I see so many pretty greyboxes from various projects you've worked on that never get finished :P

Just now, Terri said:

I like the screens :), I think a very dense urban environment like this will look nice in csgo, you guys got an overview to show off too?

And please @Quotingmc can you see this through right to the end this time, I see so many pretty greyboxes from various projects you've worked on that never get finished :P

I am primarily in charge of the layout so I hope violation can help carry me through the art pass with his talent at detailing as that is where I normally fall short. I am sure between us we can motivate each other to finish it. We will post an overview very soon when the timings are better tested. Thanks for the kind words.

@ offtopic

What about the game Insurgency and other games alike? Those should be toned down altogether. You know, the bad guys are all arabs, the good guys are americans and west europeans. The killing theatre being quite real locations.

Even in dust2 the good guys are IDF and the bad guys that want to plant the bomb are arabs. Valve please fix! the political correctness has infested our brains and we became so touchy and feely!

you can't really say either side in counterstrike is the 'good guys' you see the game from both perspectives.

@Puddy is basically saying the references to isreal should be reduced (not removed) to avoid issues. Look at bazaar (formerly de_Pakistan) Map is still set in pakistan but the references were reduced to make the map more universal.

If you're being controversial with your map on purpose, go ahead- it's your right to make what you want!

BUT if you're just trying to make something people will play sticking to common denominators and 'Valve's standards' is a good idea. I don't think it's the mapmaker's plan to start a second arabspring with their map so what Puddy said is common sense.

The flags and references to Israel were more just to help set the proper theme and immerse the player more into believing the location was actually set in Israel. We don't really plan on removing any sort of indicators all together, just making it more sparse and subtle so that they are distracting nor main features of the map and are merely just little details here and there to help make the scene believable. 

This is actually something we have discussed previously as we're not trying to make any statements either way, just attempting to recreate a specific and recognizable location. 

Really nice looking greybox/detailing! Like the fast engagement/sniper option in mid alot. Didnt get a good feel for the map in the failed playtest because of the technical problem, but one thing that struck me is that map lacks a bit of verticality and the two bomb sites feels a bit similar. One way to maybe fix this could be to add a small highground vantage point to B, making it more different from A:

telaviv.jpg

As graphical input i would suggest to open up one of the outer walls going to the sites (but have it fenced off) and revealing a more open scenery (maybe get some tanks in there to play up the warzone theme) This could be a good way of making some of these areas stand out since they can blend a bit together atm, but this can also just be due to the greyboxing.

Overall very promising map, looking forward to try it for reals soon :)