[CS:GO] [Greybox] de_station

Roald

Hello,

A while ago I have made a map named de_station.It's a train station in the central of a western city.

Bombsite A is a train plateau and bombsite B is a bus station. The bombsites have lots of variety, A is located in a smaller area and has alot of cover to safely plant. Bombsite B is a outdoor area with alot more space and not much cover to plant the bomb. I have tried to make a good use of crossfiring, for T aswell for CT.

Bombsite A has two different sides to attack from, also CT has different options on defending A. They can defend A short from the elivator, the storage room or the train it's self. A long can be defend from the CT stair or from within the train. Also made a nice boost for CT at the tickets machines. 

On the midle there are two options for both the teams to have some nice crossfiring aswell. I tried to make the mid CT sided but with useage of smokes and other nades, T can pull the advantages to their side and also the advantage on taking over bombsite B. 

Bombsite B has also two totally different entrances. B short on the catwalk at midle is a nice additional entrances where T's have to take a risk by going through mid if they decide to use this. B long is a one way in and can be a pain in the ass when you got a AWP against you. Tho I have made a option for T's to hide behind the truck and there is a boost option behind the van on the side of the road. Again useage of grenades can be usefull! 

Right now it's a greybox version ready for playtesting.

Afther I done that and some more optimizing I am looking for someone to design the map to something beautifull. 

For those who are interrested, here is a link to the workshop: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=748178182

U can rate it on gamebanana: http://gamebanana.com/maps/192003

Below you can see some quick screenshots.(1th version and latest one)

Regards, Roald

Old screens: 

Spoiler

REMOVED

Newest screenshots

de_stationdev4_radar.jpg

20160903222903_1.jpg

20160903222926_1.jpg

20160903223052_1.jpg

20160903223116_1.jpg

20160903223136_1.jpg

20160903223149_1.jpg

20160903223224_1.jpg

20160903223304_1.jpg

20160903223509_1.jpg

20160903223529_1.jpg

frontpage.jpg

Edited by Roald

Hey guys,

I'd like to thank all of you who participated on playtesting this map! The positive feedback really inspired me to go and finish this map. Feedback still has to be uploaded but I can remember a few things which were said. One of those things were making a brush for the train, make it abit larger and let it be moddeled later on (if a modeler is interrested? pleaseeeeeee!). Well I gave it a try and I am pretty proud of my first result as it are only brushes :D And yes the chairs may be too large for CS:GO 

So for those who are interrested, I've made a few screenshots (below). Also I have made the area bigger by removing/moving some objects. And fixed the long width stair from CT to bombsite A.

Still I´ve to work alot on the feedback I've recieved, but yea for those who are interrested here is a litle sneak peak on the changes I have made today. 

edit: some images removed

20160829185402_1.jpg

Edited by Roald

Thanks bro!

And keep working on it! maybe make a thread here aswell and get feedback? it's very usefull. 

There are many maps with the same theme but still so different from eachother. 

Anyway another update for bombsite B. I will make some more changes, make the area abit smaller and move it a litle to the mid. Also I will use the midle bus stop as a bombsite but change the bustop to a kinda of statue, make it a more open bombsite then A is, to have some difference in the map. Also worked a litle on the midle and deciding which theme to use for the map. 

20160830150715_1.jpg

20160830150705_1.jpg

20160830150652_1.jpg

20160830150641_1.jpg

Ah yea thanks alot for ur feedback. I will fix the truck. Windows of the train should be windows, idk why its black to you. I will change locked doors with another model. I think I will ony keep the moving doors that go outsite at T and CT spawn. Maybe i will keep those at B site open (for gameplay). There is a room aboth the elivator, idk how u missed it :P and that litle room that feels awkward, I dont got that feeling myself tbh. Anyone else does? and what would be ur suggestion?

Edited by Roald

• 1 month later...

Afther the playtests on Reddit I have recieved some demo's of the matches that were being played.

I still need to watch them all, but got some nice heat maps from them.

Holding positions CT and T

Spoiler

removed image

Spoiler

removed image

Deathpositions CT and T

Spoiler

removed image

Spoiler

removed image

Kill Positions CT and T

Spoiler

removed image

Spoiler

removed image

Conclusion I guess :D

de_stationtex_conclusion.png

1. This could be a good spot for CT to defend B long by adding a hiding spot (green box).

2. CT liked to defend from here but there is no cover spot, I should add one. 

3. This wooden pile cover was liked, good angle for CT but also pretty much risky. In combination with point 1 they could choose.

4. CT can be shot at B short by 2 angles. I should get rid off the angle from point 9 to point 4. CT is taking a risk defending here, maybe I should place some cover. Midle seems abit hard to defend for CT's. 

Overall B bombsite is too open with lots of long range. I should cover it up and make some pathways thinner so it can be smoked off. The entrance for Terrorist is nice tho as they can take cover behind the truck at point 14 and there are alot of grenades options.  When rotating from point 5 to B bombsite you have to checjk many angles while being exposed alot, I should figure something out on that I guess.

5. Long range to point 9 and not many cover, but this doesn't seem to be a real issue looking at the heat maps.

6. Nice secret pathway for CT's to flank the terrorist. Tho it has abit of a weird angle. I used many vent metal plates to shoot for extra noise. Idk if I should keep this as u can see on the death positions for T's they kind of getting slaughtered here. Tho CT's are taking a risk going in the vent as u can see on their deathposition.  

7. Nice overview for CT to check A short. Tho pretty long range aswell and easy for T's to throw grenades there which I kinda like. I am considering removing this elivator or the vent, not sure which one yet. Maybe I can force CT to defent from the train watching A short, that was my idea kinda.. This also forces T's to go for A or rotate all the way back. 

8. Nice long range for CT's but not enough cover. I should add a stomach height box and maybe a climb posibillity at the striped green line to watch aboth the fence and ticket machines. 

9. Well already said, should block the view to B short watching abit insite the bombsite.

10. Maybe a overpowered view for T's? Tho my idea was a crossfire on mid but maybe I should just block this entrance? That way CT can hold mid on it's own so two CT's can hold B.

11. Long range for T's but I think they have enough time to smoke off the elivator.

12. Risky position for T's, much angles too look out for. Ct can rush mid, vent, elivator and from A bombsite. I guess too many roads and stuff here. 

13. Overpowered position for T's. I thought about removing some cover but maybe when I stronger CT's cover that will work aswell. Tho I aint sure yet as T's had now two mainpaths to A, one of them should be risky. A should be hard to take and easy to hold, B should be easy to take and hard to hold. So yea maybe I should do both.

14. Nice abbility to take cover, throw nades and move to a different angle. Also a boost option behind the litle van there. 

16. This is the new angle they can gather. Boost position is more to the left. Tho they will be exposed alot to point 2 but I guess thats a good thing?

17. T's get really exposed here and died alot seen on the heat radar. Tho I think it's a good thing so they have to use smokes and flashes to push into safety. But yea like I said B is too open atm so there isn't enough safety yet. 

Sooo yeaah alot of information haha but what to do with it? I got many doubts and stuff and don't exactly know what to do with the open spaces at B bombsite and CT spawn. Maybe u guys could give me some feedback?

Edited by Roald

• 1 month later...

Hey it been a long time I did post anything.

Currently I cleaned the whole map and H4WKLE will do the designing part. 

I won't bother u with screenshots about that, as u will check them when it's ready. 

In the meanwhile I am working on some greyboxes like this skatingpark (current graffiti are just placeholders, tho I love the overpass one)

20161205223643_1.jpg

20161205223652_1.jpg

20161205223707_1.jpg

20161205223722_1.jpg

Edited by Roald