[Doom 4 SnapMap] Frantic Mode

MikeGon

Hello, fellow LDs!  :D

I want to share my very first polished SnapMap here with you guys, Its called Frantic mode:

"Get the highest score before time runs out, The more you kill, the more time you get!"

- Every 10 kills you get a random weapon, and must fight a new wave of demons in another room. All rooms can be accessed from anywhere (4 rooms, 3 teleporters in each room).

- Be careful not to die! If you do, your score will be set to 0 (actually somehting like -2147568234, because of scripting limitations) ;)

- Around the map you can find eight 30-seconds time bonuses (white), and two 45-seconds time bonuses (green). Picking these up will give you a better chance of getting a high score, but make sure you don't die during this extra time!

- There's a combo system, so the more demons you kill in a row, the more score you get per demons killed!

Map ID: 

HLHBULF3

More SnapMaps coming soon! :twisted:

I'll share them with you guys once I have something final...

What do you guys think Doom 4's SnapMap editor in general?

Edited by MikeGon

Sounds like a horde mode? Great to me! While doing trials I was thinking there should be something like this in the full game. I would say the game should have been released with 3 maps where to play horde, solo as a base, eventually co-op. They are such good modes to warm up or quickly unwind if you don't have time for a proper session, or you are missing a good internet connection.

I need to try your creation as soon as I finish the campaign.

I haven't tried the editor but I like the game so much I plan on trying it, and was actually going to try something like this, good there is already interest :)

You should definitely finish it, the end is one hell of a challenge and feels so rewarding :o

I definitely recommend it to anyone here, at least to get your hands on the editor. Also they're updating pretty soon (like this week I think...), and it looks like they're gonna keep improving it once in while which is great!

You can't copy/paste stuff outside the map, sadly, so its not very practical for sharing scripts :/

However if you're interested I can share my process with screenshots here, and explain the bits and details...

Edited by MikeGon